Author Topic: Traditionalist  (Read 14674 times)

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 11:55:11 pm
drum brakes.  Hutch
T120r bullet, I know what you mean. Only 2 of my bikes get to reside in the warm house during the cold Michigan winters.

Doesn't everyone in Michigan have a heated garage!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote] Well it was another one of those "Fickle Finger of Fate" things for me. I paid off my motgage and extended my Equity line just enough for my 32 x 60 pole barn garage to be built. My contractor quoted me a price for the garage with full concrete floor and I would have enough left for the electrical. Then I planned on saving up my pennies to insulate, finish drywall the inside and put in heat. One problem, for some reason I came home and only part of the garage was concrete. Seems he misunderstood me somehow, so it is now 3 years later and I am still running off an extension chord for power because I spent the power money on the rest of the concrete. No finished inside, no heat. I just got enough money back on my EQ, and the Fickle Finger struck again,I just put a new roof on my house. I'm still standing on my vice and running into the spare bedroom to use my bench mount drill press. I'm using a 110 wire welder while my Lincoln welder sits in the corner of the garage with no 220 to plug it into. It will be a long time before I get heat in the garage at this rate. Someone on this forum said that I could be the poster boy for bad luck, and that isn't far off.       Hutch
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:59:02 pm by hutch »
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.