Author Topic: Looking for a slightly used RE  (Read 3462 times)

kevinpople

• Scooter
  • Classic with sidecar
on: October 20, 2007, 02:55:47 pm
I am beginning my search for a used or demo RE.  I purchased my current Bullet new a few months ago with a sidecar.  While going through the break-in process without the sidecar attached I realized how much fun it was to ride.  I have been told if I detach the sidecar that it may just sit in my pole barn and never get re-attached.  I really enjoy having my wife riding with me and she won't get on the back of a bike.  (she went down at 65mph with a HD rider).

So having just paid for this bike she is having a difficult time giving her blessing on another new bike.  My personal belief is that I should pay cash for my toys. 

Does anyone have a great deal on an excellent condition RE?  I am in Michigan and have until spring to find one.

deejay

Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 03:32:27 pm
try craigslist in your area... here's one I found in the detroit area... not sure where you are located.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcy/439933268.html

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 09:36:38 pm

So having just paid for this bike she is having a difficult time giving her blessing on another new bike.  My personal belief is that I should pay cash for my toys. 
Does anyone have a great deal on an excellent condition RE?  I am in Michigan and have until spring to find one.

Get in touch with Bill  "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALK'N ABOUT"  Dunkus
at Interstate Motorcycles.
http://www.interstatemotorcycles.com/index.htm
I believe that Kevin stated a while back that Bill has a new 2006 classic that he'd
let go fer thirtyseven hunnert but I couldn't find Kevin's post to verify....
 Bill is an OLD fashion straight-up no BS motorcycle guy...
then again if you go to his rally the BS gets REALLY DEEP!!
Give him a call, he loves these bikes!
                    - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill