Author Topic: BAAAAAD news...  (Read 2960 times)

csbdr

• Bulleteer
on: July 10, 2009, 08:17:53 pm
i just got a call from my dealer who told me the transmission work is going to broaden to ALL US imported C5's.  Not officially a recall yet, but ultimately DOT wants a recall put out on these bikes as well, even though there haven't been any reported problems.

Weeeeeelll.....yesterday I was cruising around 50-53 mph in 5th, and my tranny starts making the "death squeal" which sounds like is a precurser to things binding to the shaft.  Went away shifting down to 4 and was OK for a bit in 5th again, when it recurred. Went away downshifting again, and didn't happen again, but I think I'm grounded.  Steve has the kits, except for 2nd gear which sounds like will be to him early next week.

crapola...good thing I got the Ural back on the road.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:33:56 pm
Oh well, If it happens it happens, I ain't gonna be too concerned either way. I already know what a great bike this is. Who wouldn't want a free upgrade?  ;D I am sorry to hear you are having tranny problems, I hope they can get to it fast.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:16:23 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 02:37:46 am
OH, i am right with ya. I'm not thrilled with the inconvenience, with a bike I've had oh....7 days. Sounds like it'll be fixed MUCH faster than the guys in Europe.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:45:32 am
Take it in stride man, as Carl Perkins once said " If it weren't for the rocks in it's bed a stream wouldn't have any song"
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association