Author Topic: CA CARB certification  (Read 4319 times)

kaarigar

• Scooter
on: July 10, 2009, 07:29:06 pm
Hi Kevin,

How's the California CARB certification coming along? When do you think you will begin to appoint dealers? Any dealers in the San Francisco bay area? Ok, too many questions, but you get the idea about my impatience  :)

Kaarigar
===============

Ukuvox

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 07:56:42 pm
You're not alone, Kaarigar!

montejr

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 01:59:36 am
I am curious about this too especially given the following article:

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/Breaking+News/Royal-Enfield-Offers-Two-New-Models/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/598099

It spefically mentions "Now that California is an open market for Royal Enfield, Mahoney plans to open a West Coast warehouse, hire a national sales rep to keep a line of communication open with dealers, and hire a few more folks at the Minnesota headquarters facility to fulfill other business needs."

Any updates on this?

Thanks,
Monte

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 02:25:00 am
I wonder if this means RE will be able to start selling Bullets on Mars, seeing as the polar ice caps there are melting too they can rule out Co2 and start shipping them over right away!

Would have to call it the M5 though and supply space suits of course.
2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 03:03:04 am
I would love to see California sales become a reality. Share the fun and all that.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Scott Gilmore

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 12:14:01 am
How's the California CARB certification coming along? When do you think you will begin to appoint dealers? ...

I understand this is an older thread, but I couldn't find a reply in this or other threads when I searched.  Sorry if I missed it.  Any news?

Also, I did find this page about California dealers when searching the entire site.  Does anyone know if any San Diego area dealers are in the pipeline?

If there aren't and you'd like some contact information to see if there's interest, let me know.  I think it's fair to say you have a strong potential market here, and I can recommend two well run family owned dealers that would represent the product well.

Regards,
Scott Gilmore
San Diego, CA

kaarigar

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 03:34:16 am
Well, I for one am glad to see dealers in Bay Area   :)

I am sure Kevin would be interested in Southern California too.

AFAIK, the 2010 model is going to be made available in CA - any updates on this, Kevin?

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 04:15:36 am
What is AFAIK? We have established a Southern CA dealer. South Bay Triumph. We may also appoint one in the Riverside area.  We will also have a San Diego dealer. I am very happy with the dealers we have lined up in San Fransisco. Munroe motors is the perfect spot for us and Performance Cycle in Sacramento has a great feel to it. Both are very experienced dealers and are known for good service.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

kaarigar

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 04:55:19 am
What is AFAIK?
AFAIK = "As far as I know".
We have established a Southern CA dealer. South Bay Triumph. We may also appoint one in the Riverside area.  We will also have a San Diego dealer. I am very happy with the dealers we have lined up in San Fransisco. Munroe motors is the perfect spot for us and Performance Cycle in Sacramento has a great feel to it. Both are very experienced dealers and are known for good service.
Good to know that you have lined up experienced dealers in the Bay Area. So is it expected that 2010 models will be available in California?

Thanks!

Scott Gilmore

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 04:54:22 pm
......We will also have a San Diego dealer. .....

Great news, thanks!

Regards,
Scott Gilmore