Author Topic: Fabulous 2 days  (Read 3949 times)

csbdr

• Bulleteer
on: July 06, 2009, 04:55:41 am
I finally got my C5 Friday, and I don't think the grin has left my face since!  I've put on 200 miles now without any real troubles.  This is a wonderful bike!  Only issue I've seen is some false neutrals while downshifting.  I'm planning to mention this to Steve when I take it in for the first service. I also noticed what looks like some bubbling of the paint around the tank fuel inlet as well as INSIDE the tank.  I hope this doesn't portend the need for POR-15 in the future. Otherwise I'm thrilled!  Now, off to bed..

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:00 am
Congrats you lucky dog   ;)  Many happy miles to you.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 10:45:09 am
On my C5 theres quite afew welds where the paint had flaked off and what not, I think it's an Enfield thing :P

Course on the tank it's more noticeable. Glad you're enjoying your bike though!
2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:35:14 am
I happy that you are on the road! It just keeps getting better.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 04:13:52 pm
 :D  welds....mine look fine as far as paint, but pretty sloppy overall.  I have a buddy who is a real anglophile and he said "yeah, but if you look at vintage Brit bikes made back in the day, they all looked just like that!"  I did figure out, on the way to work, that I need to modify my shifting technique a bit and I can almost completely avoid the false neutrals.  If I step down purposefully like I do on my Yamaha cruiser, it'll miss and hit a false neutral. If I step down more gently, it'll click right in.  I'm still going to mention it to Steve and see if any adjustment is possible, but good thing to learn about THIS bike as I put more miles on it.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 10:34:46 pm
It will shift smoother in a few more miles, keep it rolling!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 04:27:33 am
CONGRADULATIONS!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 10:47:41 am
I loved the gear changes on the C5, and I never had any problems finding or false neutrals. The only dodgy stuff was with the 3rd-4th changes, those would often not seem to click in properly and I'd end up running out of gear or something, despite trying gentle and positive changes.

Course we'll see when I get my bike back now that (I believe) all gears in question have been modified. Im started to get excited :P
2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 12:05:53 pm
You should be excited you lucky dog, you get to experience getting a brand new C5 TWICE!!!  :D
Iron Butt Association

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 11:17:24 pm
"Course we'll see when I get my bike back now that (I believe) all gears in question have been modified. Im started to get excited"  JamesC5

Way to go, Br. James!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla