Author Topic: Recall development  (Read 17505 times)

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #45 on: July 10, 2009, 08:01:33 am
Rusty, are you still expecting (hoping) for your baby to be back tomorrow?

No I don't think we're going to make that now. The recall work has been done and Watsonian forwarded a quote for the repairs to the insurers (Directline). The claims engineer wants to inspect the bike, either today or Monday. Repair bill is about £400 ::)

Makes sense for Watsonian to keep it and they're giving me regular updates, we are making progress.

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: July 10, 2009, 10:39:51 am
Well regular updates are good, least makes you feel like you're at least somewhat part of the process.

I need to go have a ride in a minute, should actually go fast enough out of town to hit 4th gear, 3-4 was always dodgy so I'm looking forward to seeing if it's ok now.

2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #47 on: July 10, 2009, 01:07:41 pm
Very glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction, Rusty. You may have listed it earlier in this thread but, as it's quite long now, can I just ask what damage was done? Just to give me an idea of RE spares prices. Thanks! :)

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #48 on: July 10, 2009, 01:50:55 pm
Very glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction, Rusty. You may have listed it earlier in this thread but, as it's quite long now, can I just ask what damage was done? Just to give me an idea of RE spares prices. Thanks! :)

All I know is that if you need a new CAT your looking at around £800 over here in the UK  :'( :'(
Cheers
Nick

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #49 on: July 10, 2009, 05:41:30 pm
You may have listed it earlier in this thread but, as it's quite long now, can I just ask what damage was done? Just to give me an idea of RE spares prices. Thanks! :)

No problem, I posted the incident photos but not the damaged parts. The day after, I jet washed the bike and noted the following;

Bent front brake lever
Scraped RH mirror
Scraped RH bar end weight
Bent RH footrest
Pierced RH footrest rubber
Scratched screen (£70 to buy)
Scraped front mudguard
Scraped RH tool box lid (only available as a full tool box assembly)
Scraped RH rear indicator
Damaged number plate
Bent number plate holder (only available as full rear light holder assembly)

I haven't got individual prices because Watsonian have prepared the quote and are dealing with the insurers, they may have found other damage (my heart wasn't really in it tbh).

When you consider that some of those parts come pre-painted in the C5 colour and the bill includes labour it's not too bad, 2 hours to fit that lot maybe? That's why I'm surprised that the insurance company want to inspect the bike.

If I ever see the quote I'll post accurate prices.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #50 on: July 11, 2009, 02:30:22 pm
Watsonians should have a couple of spare [length tuned by computer] shorter performance pipes on the shelf for the C5 by now, along with the new adjustable height seat :0)
Tell me more about this adjustable height seat ! link? pictures?
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 08:10:03 pm
All I know is that if you need a new CAT your looking at around £800 over here in the UK  :'( :'(

:o

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 08:13:43 pm

Bent front brake lever
Scraped RH mirror
Scraped RH bar end weight
Bent RH footrest
Pierced RH footrest rubber
Scratched screen (£70 to buy)
Scraped front mudguard
Scraped RH tool box lid (only available as a full tool box assembly)
Scraped RH rear indicator
Damaged number plate
Bent number plate holder (only available as full rear light holder assembly)

I haven't got individual prices because Watsonian have prepared the quote and are dealing with the insurers, they may have found other damage (my heart wasn't really in it tbh).

When you consider that some of those parts come pre-painted in the C5 colour and the bill includes labour it's not too bad, 2 hours to fit that lot maybe? That's why I'm surprised that the insurance company want to inspect the bike.

If I ever see the quote I'll post accurate prices.
[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah, not bad - some of the Jap rear assemblies are a couple of hundred alone. Let's hope the Cat is reliable though! I bet the fuel injection costs an arm and a leg too.