Author Topic: Pete Snidal UCE Bullet Manual  (Read 1056 times)

joestrummer

• Scooter
on: February 09, 2024, 11:23:23 pm
I have a 2012 C5 Classic. On 22 Jan I ordered the Pete Snidal Bullet Classic manual from Pete's website. After some prompting, I received a link on 26 Jan. Unfortunately, it was the link to iron-barrel Enfields. I contacted Pete by email the same day, and told him I got the wrong link, and could he send the correct one. I didn't hear from him so on 1 Feb I sent another email asking for the correct link or a refund. Again nothing, so on 5 Feb I asked for a refund. Still nothing.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is something wrong with him that's preventing him from replying? Does anyone have another way of contacting him other than by email?

Thanks

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 12:20:00 am
Sorry to say, that I don't think that Pete Snidal ever wrote a manual about the UCE engined machines, or updated his book about the IB models to include info. about the UCEs.   You might be looking for a refund, not an alternative download.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of online vendors who use the word "classic" to refer to the iron barrel machines  I think this was the practice before the word was adopted, upper case, in the names of the UCE "Classic 500" and "Classic 350".  Plenty of research, caution, and questions asked of vendors before any purchase, is a good policy, in my opinion.

As far as a manual, I did find at least one PDF of RE's service manual for UCE machines available for download online, and printed that out and put it in a loose leaf binder.  That is probably still out there.

And I also purchased the Haynes manual, which covers the UCE line, and which I found useful.
https://www.amazon.com/Enfield-Bullet-Continental-Service-Repair/dp/1785214276

joestrummer

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 12:24:50 am
http://www.enfield.20m.com/uce1.htm

Here's the link to the site.

I received the "Not This" one.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 12:27:50 am by joestrummer »

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 04:37:26 am
http://www.enfield.20m.com/uce1.htm

Here's the link to the site.

I received the "Not This" one.
I stand corrected.  There is a UCE Snidal manual.  I hope you get yours.

joestrummer

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 11:32:09 pm
Thanks. It's not looking good. Fortunately it's only $20.

joestrummer

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 09:52:46 pm
It's resolved. I had to go through PayPal, but I now have the correct link from Pete.

Gexx

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 08:00:24 pm
Hello all, do someone has contact to Pete?
I purchased his manual over 4 weeks ago, paid with Paypal and got within one hour a reply from him that I will get the download link...but I didn't get it until now
I wrote several Mails within the last weeks,  all with no reply

Thanks
Best regards
Robert

ddavidv

• Prefers "Your Majesty"
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: March 22, 2024, 07:33:41 pm
My experience with Pete, who I have great respect for, is that he is rather sporadic in his responsiveness. He always replies...eventually. Best to just wait.
2023 Scram 411, 2007 five speed 'Deluxe', 1964 750 Interceptor