Author Topic: 2003 oil breather catch tank drain screw modification.  (Read 5302 times)

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
on: October 14, 2007, 11:15:53 pm
May help some other out there.

I found the oil catch tank drain screw tricky to get to as it sat behind the left side tool box (and of course underneath).
I had to mod that!
I fitted a tube into the original screw hole and then fitted a clear plastic pipe to it. I fitted a valve inside the 'tool box'. I removed a spare screw that just seemed to fill a hole in the rear of the box. I passed the plastic pipe inside via this hole and then fitted it to the valve. The valve is a screw down fish tank type one and I 'trapped' the lower edge of it under the brake light switch cover. I added a further piece of plastic tube and coiled it up inside for draining when required.
Does it work?
Very well I'm pleased to say. Much easier and cleaner than before.  ;D

PS Can anyone tell me what that 'spare' blue triple connector plug (with the orange, black and a white wire) is used for in the left side tool box shown here?
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

Trapper

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:22:15 pm
The blue connector went to a starter disconnect - the device monitored voltage and turned off the starter button when the engine was running. It did not work very well at all. My '02 HAD one, but I deactivated the deactivator as it was causing some starting issues. Apparetnly, RE realized this and deactivated the deactivaotor for the '03 model run.

It is'nt broke, don't fix it!

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:51:35 pm
Deactivated the deactivator  ;D
Thanks for that!!!
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin