Author Topic: First 100 mile impressions  (Read 9641 times)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 09:17:12 pm
Br. Ernie, follow the link below to see a not distilled, not sanitized photo of Br. Dannie's bike and, from it, you can select Next Image three times to see him and Ol' Poop at the RE dealer's parking lot right after he took delivery of his C5.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1821

Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 10:29:19 pm
Well, my 225 mile impressions are much better than the 100 mile impressions,  :D At around 150 miles I could tell it was freeing up nicely and now it wants to fly. It's tough keeping it at running in speeds but I'm going to follow the book on it.
 I left for work three hours early this morning just to get some riding time in, I love it. All of you that have one ordered will be in for a great treat when you get them, I knew the bike would be good but it's way better than I thought. Oh yeah, I live near Hardy Arkansas close to the Spring River, bring that Sixty-5 up and lets go hit some twisty's! Thank you all for the kind words on how good she looks, A chick told me today that it was as flashy as rat with a gold tooth!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:20 pm
I put a few more pictures in the gallery, hope you like them.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

enfield_33

Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 11:20:01 pm
When are you going to start selling Enfields for a living?

You are already selling them here!   ;D

Keep the posts coming please.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 12:38:34 am
Hey! maybe they'll hire me to be the RE goodwill ambassador or something :D I just came in 2 seconds ahead of a thunder storm, man I can't keep myself off this thing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:07:26 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 04:03:32 am
I just did my 300 mile oil change, the oil came out clean. I strained it through a T shirt and found nothing, the screen was clean and the magnets both had a small amount of black "dust" on them, nothing shiny or chunky to be found. I did find the small O ring in the oil filter was cracked, but not alarmingly bad. The filter is a bit of a chore to change, not as bad as the hinged filter on my old BMW though.  My 300 mile impressions are much better than the 225 mile impressions. :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:06:07 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

Pitviper

Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 01:33:20 pm
I just did my 300 mile oil change, the oil came out clean. I strained it through a T shirt and found nothing, the screen was clean and the magnets both had a small amount of black "dust" on them, nothing shiny or chunky to be found. I did find the small O ring in the oil filter was cracked, but not alarmingly bad. The filter is a bit of a chore to change, not as bad as the hinged filter on my old BMW though.  My 300 mile impressions are much better than the 225 mile impressions. :D
Yeah, that oil filter set-up is a little bit of a hassle. I had just done my first oil change when I got notified of the recall. How much oil did yours take? In the manual it says the capacity is 2.75 liters (2.9 quarts). Mine only took 1.9 quarts to fill it up to the high mark.

Glad everything is going great. Keep us informed.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 02:17:17 pm
I'm with you, 1.9 quarts put her right on the mark. I hope they get you fixed up and rolling soon.
Iron Butt Association

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 06:19:31 pm
120 miles on by noon today, man this is a sweet engine. After it cools off this evening I'll go ride for another hour or so, gotta get her run in so the fun can really start.
Iron Butt Association

enfield_33

Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 08:35:41 pm
After the honeymoon wears off a little you should post comments about:
  • quirks or irritations(for example, the neutral light in the dash)
  • leaks or loose fittings
  • a wish list for add-ons, etc.
And, of course, keep riding and writing (but not at the same time...).   ;D

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 09:21:59 pm
No quirks or irritations to report, no leaks, no squeaks, no rattles, no loose fittings either. There may be things about this bike that some folks wouldn't like, but I have no idea what they would be. I think it was tailor made just for me. For add ons. I'd like some Beston grips and a small rack on the rear fender. 446 miles and all is well  :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:32:15 pm by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

geoffbaker

Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 10:58:16 pm
Awful nice looking bike you got there r80t... enjoy :)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 02:35:22 am
Thanks, that diesel you sport around on is pretty cool too.
Iron Butt Association