Author Topic: First 100 mile impressions  (Read 9644 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
on: June 25, 2009, 11:38:59 pm
I'm amazed at how quiet and smooth this engine is! Vibration is amazingly light, it's very responsive and powerful. It shifts as slick as a Honda, Handling is superb, this is a very flickable bike! No problems or niggles at all with it, In my personal experience with bikes, this is the finest 500cc single I've ever thrown a leg over, and I've ridden several variety's of them. RE got it right with this one. I removed the rubber blocks from the fins and couldn't hear anything different, so out they stay and it looks much better. My riding Buddy's have nicknamed it the "Ol' Poop"  surely some of you will remember the ol poop from Cycletoons magazine back in the day. If you do remember you'll know why the name will stick with it. The UCE Rocks!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:20:26 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:59:07 pm
Awesome, Dannie!

And it's a beautiful looker, too!

Home of the Fireball 535 !

Englishabroad

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 03:03:31 am
Congrats r80rt.  It's a lovely bike. Love the pics.  Post more!  I have a red C5 on order and my dealer (ural nw) tells me I will receive it late next week.  I can't wait!

It looks like in your pics that the US version doesn't have the peak over the headlamp.  Is that right?  I really liked that design feature,

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 03:13:36 am
Yeah, Br. Dannie, I hear you about the UCE!  (I rode the G5 and can vouch for the engine and the improved handling characteristics with the modified swingarm.  I can only imagine how much better the handling is on a bike that, as Br. Kevin has noted, is 60% new!)

For you and Ol' Poop, I think I can manage one more WOWZAA!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 03:14:50 am
We will be very interested to see how it goes without the rubber dampeners. No harm will come of course but if it stays quiet............... I am guessing we will not see many bikes with them on them.
And yes this is the US version, just screaming for a 7" headlight isn't it. Keep the reports coming!!
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 03:15:40 am
No the headlamp visor isn't on the U.S. model, I suspect because we have the smaller adjustable lamp. I would have removed it anyway  ;D Man you are going to love that bike, I've just came in from a 56 mile ride and it just keeps getting better.  When you get it post some pictures for us. If I stop rolling long enough I'll take more and post them.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 03:55:51 am
  And now they can't stop him!  Nice bike, enjoy.  You'll need that first service by next week the way you're going.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 04:14:43 am
I think the first service will be this Sunday. Yes it's screaming for a 7" headlight but that will have to wait a bit, I ordered the upswept exhaust when I picked up the bike so I'll have to save my penny's for more goodies.  I don't think the engine will get noisy enough to worry about those rubber strips, I wear ear plugs anyway!  Cabo, thanks for the WOWZA!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:36:25 pm by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

Ukuvox

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 05:00:12 am
Dannie, its been a lot of fun watching your anticipation level rise as Ol' Poop's delivery day drew closer. You seem excited enough for both of us (which is good 'cuz who knows when the UCEs will be available here in California ??? >:( :P). Anyway, its great to hear that your C5 is meeting or even surpassing your expectations but please ride a few extra miles for those of us who can't yet! ;)

hoppyre

• Scooter
  • 06 Bullet Sixty-5. 09 Suzuki Tu250x
Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 12:33:48 pm
I'm amazed at how quiet and smooth this engine is! Vibration is amazingly light, it's very responsive and powerful. It shifts as slick as a Honda, Handling is superb, this is a very flickable bike! No problems or niggles at all with it, In my personal experience with bikes, this is the finest 500cc single I've ever thrown a leg over, and I've ridden several variety's of them. RE got it right with this one. I removed the rubber blocks from the fins and couldn't hear anything different, so out they stay and it looks much better. My riding Buddy's have nicknamed it the "Ol' Poop"  surely some of you will remember the ol poop from cycletoons magazine back in the day. If you do remember you'll know why the name will stick with it. The UCE Rocks!

Man, what a beautiful bike!!!!!! Congrats. BTW, where in Arkansas are you from?? I'm in Conway with a 06 Bullet Sixty-5.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 01:23:45 pm
Everyone is saying, "What a beautiful bike".  Did you post pictures I can't find?  I'd love to see some real-world, non-fancy-schmancy-studio pictures.
Run what ya brung

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 02:59:57 pm
Click on photo gallery, then "Members Rides" Pics are in there.

Pitviper

Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 04:35:41 pm
Good luck with the bike, hope you don't have any problems.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 05:55:00 pm
Dang UTT!! You guys are driving ME nuts, now .... All I've seen is VIN numbers and crates flying about like in a tornado .... I'll probably not even SEE one of these bikes 'til August .... POOP!! Ah, well .... Just keep the kudo's comin' in - I'll go cry in the corner! Hahaha!!!  :'( C'est la Vie!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 05:57:41 pm
Worth the wait then Dannie? Difficult to stop riding it isn't it? Mine should be back from the recall work early next week and then back from the dealers after repairs a day or two after that (see other post).