Author Topic: exploded diagrams  (Read 4984 times)

mtrueblood

• Scooter
on: June 23, 2009, 12:27:57 am
It would be nice to have links to exploded diagrams of RE components.  Maybe in .pdf format.  Not so much for indentifying little parts, but for illustrating the bigger picture.  Maybe diagrams to illustrate procedures (changing a tire, wiring a new horn, etc)
Michael Trueblood

plane95302

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:09:21 pm
I second this suggestion. Would be most helpful.

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:11:25 pm
I got the super manual on disc, only 20 bucks or so. It's in pdf and is on my pc. I figure if necessary, I could put it on my laptop and take it directly to the bike.
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

mtrueblood

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 06:23:42 pm
rideOn,
I've been thinking about that.  Actually, I've been thinking of buying the manual in book form.  Having it on a CD sounds like a pretty good idea, though.   Have you ever wished you had it in book form?
Michael Trueblood

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 07:26:06 pm
I have "Petes" in the binder book form.. Very nice,  and its big enough to slide anything you print out in there and it wont get dog eared.  I find it difficult to use my laptop whilst sitting on the throne.. ;)
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Geirskogul

• Grand Gearhead
  • The world isn't beautiful, therefore it is.
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 07:33:23 pm
I have "Petes" in the binder book form.. Very nice,  and its big enough to slide anything you print out in there and it wont get dog eared.  I find it difficult to use my laptop whilst sitting on the throne.. ;)
Netbooks, man.  netbooks.  I picked up a cheapie acer AspireOne from amazon last christmas and it's wonderful for using anywhere.  Fixing the car, on the throne, etc etc
All hail Sir Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

When an idiot thinks it's the same as not thinking at all!

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 02:21:42 pm
I don't know if it's my computer or the disc, but the search funx does not work. I prefer a disc over hardcopy. I can print a page or two of what I need when necessary. If it gets oiled up and dirty, I can toss it and not ruin an entire book. I've had chilton's and others and after awhile, they all fall apart.
rideOn,
I've been thinking about that.  Actually, I've been thinking of buying the manual in book form.  Having it on a CD sounds like a pretty good idea, though.   Have you ever wished you had it in book form?
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Glenn

• Bulleteer
  • 2000 Bullet 500 Deluxe
Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 03:12:58 pm
I don't know if it's my computer or the disc, but the search funx does not work.

That's my only real complaint about the Snidal manual -- it's not searchable, because even though it's set up like a website, it doesn't run on a webserver.

There's a utility for windows called "Harddisk Search & Stats" that works well enough. http://www.harddisksearch.com.  If you use this, just make sure you browse to the CD first (so it doesn't search everything on your computer), and search only in file types .htm, .html, and maybe .txt. Also, on the "Options" tab, select "Use Windows default" as your file viewer. That way, when you double-click a search "hit", it'll open up the page in your default web browser, instead of its internal viewer (which doesn't display web pages properly).

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 03:35:16 pm
Mr. Shiv, Thanks. I'll check it out when I get to my home pc. Work has much blocked. Darn censors-can't have any fun at work.
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic