Author Topic: 2 weeks for dealers to get recall parts?  (Read 25759 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 04:41:45 pm
Well we sure understand the not being able to ride frustration. Of course this couldn't have happened in Jan or Feb.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

JMHAZ

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 05:10:22 pm
No manufacturer is perfect. A friend's brand new BMW F800GS kept quitting on him; the dealer finally figured out that the fancy fuel gauge was showing a third of a tank when it was actually empty. A common problem, it developed.

I'm very satisfied with the way this issue has been handled. While I'm waiting to hear the parts have arrived, I have a lovely piece of motorcycling sculpture on my shop porch!

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 06:55:44 pm
We caught a break today. The NHTSA approved the letter we will be sending out to dealers and customers so we will start sending them as soon as we have a recall number. We are also going to send parts to dealers as soon as they get here and not wait for a recall number.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Pitviper

Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 07:59:51 pm
We caught a break today. The NHTSA approved the letter we will be sending out to dealers and customers so we will start sending them as soon as we have a recall number. We are also going to send parts to dealers as soon as they get here and not wait for a recall number.
Sounds good. Thanks for keeping me up to date.

DaBulletMan

• Scooter
  • Old School Is the Best School
Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 03:09:53 pm
Be patient my man... My friend Jeff and I both put money down on 2 G5s, A black one and a British Racing Green one. Were were told that they were under recall but that didn't matter.  We really want our bikes too but are patient enough to wait as we want them right. Got a call on Thursday from Bill at Interstate MC in Rolla, MO that the parts are in Chicago and as soon as they get them they are going to drop everything and get right on them. Hopefully next week. Remember that absence makes the heart grow fonder. lol...

Rich ;D
Gotta Go New Old School or Don't Go... :{)>

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 03:26:20 pm
We got the official approved recall letter from NHTSA this morning. In the US it is now officially NHTSA Campaign Number: 09V-235. Our letter to customers and dealers was approved by NHTSA yesterday so we will start mailing them today. Parts are in the US and should be here any day. (customs etc). The day they get here we will start shipping them to dealers. We already have instructions on how to do the job ready to go. Once the parts get into the system it shouldn't take too long.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Pitviper

Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 04:53:50 pm
Be patient my man... My friend Jeff and I both put money down on 2 G5s, A black one and a British Racing Green one. Were were told that they were under recall but that didn't matter.  We really want our bikes too but are patient enough to wait as we want them right. Got a call on Thursday from Bill at Interstate MC in Rolla, MO that the parts are in Chicago and as soon as they get them they are going to drop everything and get right on them. Hopefully next week. Remember that absence makes the heart grow fonder. lol...

Rich ;D

Patience is not one of my virtues. I got the same call from Bill and he said the parts could be in as early as today but probably Tuesday. In the post after yours Kevin says that Classic hasn't got the parts yet, so I don't know how Bill is going to get them today or even by Tuesday. Seems nobody really knows what their talking about. I would guess it will be the week after next before I ever get my bike in to Interstate for the recall work.  All I can say is this sucks!

LJRead

• He who learns to live with little or nothing has everything.
  • Grease Monkey
  • Enjoy life in the slow lane
Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 05:05:56 pm
Having waited many months to even get a bike (Machimo and Thunderbird) I have little empathy for someone having to wait two or three weeks.  We live in a time of instant gratification, which in itself sucks. 

It didn't used to be that way, and maybe shouldn't be that way now.
Lawrence J. Read
Vava'u
Tonga Islands
South Pacific

2002 Machismo, 2003 RE rickshaw with Thunderbird base

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 05:10:37 pm
Having waited many months to even get a bike (Machimo and Thunderbird) I have little empathy for someone having to wait two or three weeks.  We live in a time of instant gratification, which in itself sucks. 

It didn't used to be that way, and maybe shouldn't be that way now.
Word!!!
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 10:54:18 pm
Patience is not one of my virtues. I got the same call from Bill and he said the parts could be in as early as today but probably Tuesday. In the post after yours Kevin says that Classic hasn't got the parts yet, so I don't know how Bill is going to get them today or even by Tuesday. Seems nobody really knows what their talking about. I would guess it will be the week after next before I ever get my bike in to Interstate for the recall work.  All I can say is this sucks!
Everyone is really being nice and offering encouragement and all you can say is "it sucks"?
All I can say is WaWaWA get a grip,

enfield_33

Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 11:09:15 pm
Well, it does suck, I'm sure.  But let's keep encouraging the viper and perhaps he will lighten up as well.

DaBulletMan

• Scooter
  • Old School Is the Best School
Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 11:42:48 pm
Probably Bill has some pull if you know what I mean. How else could he have 2 G5s sitting in his showroom when no one else can get em... lol  Relax it will happen. Have a few cold beers as the heatwave goes on. You need to learn to relax and enjoy even having one in person to at least to see and sit on. I am Jealous.i  have a Kawasaki 1500 classic and a Honda CT 70... Love em all...  Big to little .Love the bullet for the 500 thumper and a standard bike to boot. Patients is a virtue...
All good things come to those who wait...

Rich

Gotta Go New Old School or Don't Go... :{)>

Pitviper

Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 02:00:37 am
Everyone is really being nice and offering encouragement and all you can say is "it sucks"?
All I can say is WaWaWA get a grip,
I'm sorry, I meant to say I love having a brand new motorcycle sitting in my garage that I can't ride and don't know when it will be fixed so I can ride it. ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:12:37 am by Pitviper »

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 10:52:06 am
I'm sorry, I meant to say I love having a brand new motorcycle sitting in my garage that I can't ride and don't know when it will be fixed so I can ride it. ;D
I'm sure that if feels terrible. We've all been there from time to time.

This post of yours shows you can't help being negative, which validates my other post.

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 04:04:35 pm
Now boys lets play nice and not let this get personal.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com