Author Topic: Waiting for my EFI and hoping for the best  (Read 2228 times)

clubman

• Grease Monkey
on: June 08, 2009, 08:54:22 pm
I've finally figured out how to get on here after lurking for a couple of weeks and trying to get the "Register" command to work. I have been following the ups and downs, (mostly downs), of the new engine with a vested interest as I have put a deposit down on a Clubman here in the UK. It was always going to be a couple of months wait anyway, (a month gone so far), and having read today of a recall I wonder if it will be longer. On the other hand, I'd much rather wait for a decent product than go through the hardships of two poor souls here on these boards. Of three UK contributors with an EFI model two of them have not got beyond 500 miles without breakdowns. It's not very inspiring to say the least.

Ah, well. My deposit is paid and that's that. And at 5,000 GBP I sort of feel entitled to a product that will get beyond 500 miles. Let's hope they get this gearbox issue sorted quickly and I get a bike before the summer is over.

Anyway, must get away to watch the TT on the box. My heartfelt good wishes to those waiting to get their bikes sorted out and here's to long and happy EFI experiences to come.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:01:38 pm
I know just how you feel, I can't wait for my C5 to get here.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 02:46:40 am
I've finally figured out how to get on here after lurking for a couple of weeks and trying to get the "Register" command to work. I have been following the ups and downs, (mostly downs), of the new engine with a vested interest as I have put a deposit down on a Clubman here in the UK. It was always going to be a couple of months wait anyway, (a month gone so far), and having read today of a recall I wonder if it will be longer. On the other hand, I'd much rather wait for a decent product than go through the hardships of two poor souls here on these boards. Of three UK contributors with an EFI model two of them have not got beyond 500 miles without breakdowns. It's not very inspiring to say the least.

Ah, well. My deposit is paid and that's that. And at 5,000 GBP I sort of feel entitled to a product that will get beyond 500 miles. Let's hope they get this gearbox issue sorted quickly and I get a bike before the summer is over.

Anyway, must get away to watch the TT on the box. My heartfelt good wishes to those waiting to get their bikes sorted out and here's to long and happy EFI experiences to come.

Try to keep this in perspective - RE makes a kabillion bikes a year - if they are good enough to catch a very small handful of bikes with a potential problem - they are doing something good! Another poster replied that some OTHER big-name companies would simply ignore the problem and "fix on fail" without even trying to find a cause, reason or solution. This small number of bikes out of the many should tell you the RE is keenly interested in getting the best motorcycle - and the support for it - out to the riders. They are committed to their dedicated riders - not their pocketbooks. I'm betting the problem will be all but a thing of the past in a month. I understand that repair parts are already shipping to dealers - and the problem was JUST discovered! Gotta love that!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!