Author Topic: Throw me a bone  (Read 14276 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
on: June 02, 2009, 10:27:24 pm
Ok it's June. How far away are the C5's ? I'm getting anxious to ride!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:15:36 pm
In theory about 2 weeks or so. (Or so is the operative phrase)
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:49:33 pm
Thanks! Man I can't wait to get my hands on that new bike ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 03:46:23 pm
Are we down to about one week or so?
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:02:29 pm
Are we down to about one week or so?

There MAY have been a delivery manifest laying around SOMEWHERE in the pile of rubble that masquerades as my desk ..... or maybe the parts man has it .....  ;D I'll have to look ......
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:12:44 pm
How many beers will I have to send you to find out???  ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:14:45 pm by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 10:29:12 pm
Heeheehee!! Beer? Oh - I'm one of those SNOOTY Single-Malt Scotch guys .....  ;D A mere fermented, non-distillate would hardly warrant sampling more than six or eight ....  ;) I'll check the desk and see if anyone knows anything  ::) ... and TRUST me on this one - no one on the Planet is MORE about to pee in their drawers over the arrival of the new bikes than ME! Sad thing is that I'll bet that I don't see a single ONE of this container - they are ALL spoken for. They'll be "IN" and right "OUT" ......  :'( :'(  YOU will likely see one set up before I do ....

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 11:16:54 pm
Well, I'm not a scotch guy, but I'll pour you a wee dram from my bottle of Bushmills. Yeah I hope to see one real soon. I got money down on one, and cash in hand for the day it arrives. My wife wants it to get here more than I do, I think I'm driving her crazy with it. ;D ANY info would be greatly appreciated!
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 11:55:05 pm
Well, I'm not a scotch guy, but I'll pour you a wee dram from my bottle of Bushmills. Yeah I hope to see one real soon. I got money down on one, and cash in hand for the day it arrives. My wife wants it to get here more than I do, I think I'm driving her crazy with it. ;D ANY info would be greatly appreciated!

Oh! - You are waiting for one? Excellent! I was hopin' that you'd not get shut out on the first "box" of 'em - I'm excited for you. You WILL be ridin' one before I see one, I'm betting. I'll sure post when I have a little REAL info ... you guys have no idea what a logistical nightmare it is to move motor vehicles into this country through Customs, etc. I have to give Kevin a BIG, heartfelt pat on the back for his expertise and dogged persistence in gettin' bikes into the country. Without HIS hard work, we'd have to ride CRAPPY bikes!  ;D

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 12:06:29 am
Oh yeah, I put 2 grand down on one a couple of months ago, it's been eating me alive waiting on it to get here. I think I can match you in the pants wetting department :D, I can't wait to throw a leg over it! Anything you can find out will make my life a lot better. I have a bit of an idea about how hard it is to get through customs, I brought in a old BSA from Burma, and a CJ750 from China. I've never seen so much paperwork and red tape. you guys must really have a headache with all of it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:10:11 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

Bullet Bill

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 01:21:32 am
r80rt:  I hear 15 year Balvenie is an excellent tongue loosener if you're digging for info.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=620026
There's something that doesn't make sense... let's go and poke it with a stick.

skippy

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 01:25:20 am
Even though we've had the C5 in the U.K here for a few months now Saturday was the first time I had the chance to view one, I must say they look even better in the flesh. I love the look of my electra but the black and white model sat in my dealers showroom really did look the biz.
2008 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Electra,
1992 Moto Guzzi California 3,
1982 Moto Guzzi Imola,
2004 Jaguar x type,

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 01:31:22 am
r80rt:  I hear 15 year Balvenie is an excellent tongue loosener if you're digging for info.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=620026

Yes!
And if you like Speyside, the Aberlour 10 yr old is a great buy!
It may be only 10 years old, but it actually rivals the older ones very well, and it is affordable enough(under $40) to be a regular drinking Scotch.
Many of my "single-malt snob" friends drink the Aberlour as their everyday Scotch, because it is so good for the money. And these are guys that often crack some $250 bottles of Scotch. So, if it's good enough for them to not turn their noses up at, then it's some pretty good stuff.
And it's a Speyside single malt.
I like it pretty well too.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 01:38:01 am
Scotch is good stuff, but I'll stick with the Irish whiskey. I've developed a fondness for it. But if I need scotch for a bribe then I'll get some!
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 12:57:34 pm
Yes!
And if you like Speyside, the Aberlour 10 yr old is a great buy!
It may be only 10 years old, but it actually rivals the older ones very well, and it is affordable enough(under $40) to be a regular drinking Scotch.
Many of my "single-malt snob" friends drink the Aberlour as their everyday Scotch, because it is so good for the money. And these are guys that often crack some $250 bottles of Scotch. So, if it's good enough for them to not turn their noses up at, then it's some pretty good stuff.
And it's a Speyside single malt.
I like it pretty well too.

I seem to be dedicated to the Islay Scotches .... the lovely missus says they reek like stale motor fuel ..... must be something to that .... Hahaha!!! Peat reek, INDEED!