Author Topic: F.I. Mapping?  (Read 3747 times)

Joe28

• Grease Monkey
on: May 28, 2009, 05:57:58 pm
So, I down loaded the wall paper of the 2 new C-5's. NICE!! :D
Looking at the exhaust, well, that's gotta go. too big, more than likely doesn't have that single lung thump that we all love.
Hmmmm, F.I.? ???
Is the new F.I. system mapping adjustabler?
Can the dealer plug his computer in it, adjust the fuel mapping, (If history holds turn they are REALLY lean).
Joe, the ever tinker
It's running great? ??? Here let me in there! ;)

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 06:30:33 pm
If I remember correctly, it's mapping is fixed from sea level to 18,000 ft. Enough to cross the highest passes of the Himalayas.

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 07:08:28 pm
Looking at the exhaust, well, that's gotta go. too big, more than likely doesn't have that single lung thump that we all love.

But the C5 does thump as it should. The standard exhaust has a great sound, good enough to make me think that the 'soon to be here' upturned exhaust will be too loud. It also has a different intake noise to the G5 (less of a hollow drone), probably because the airbox is a different shape and metal rather than plastic.

Not sure about the fuel injection. I asked my dealer to reduce the idle speed a bit and he said that there was a 'procedure' to do it...which he didn't have. I thought it would be a screw twiddle but it seems not.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 07:39:59 pm
Is the new F.I. system mapping adjustabler?
Can the dealer plug his computer in it, adjust the fuel mapping, (If history holds turn they are REALLY lean).

No the EFI is not adjustable or re-mappable.
Kevin was talking about doing something with power commander (I believe?) but I don't know where that has gone.
But a tweak box would be what it needs if you go further than the stock map can handle.
I had the muffler off of mine yesterday, sounded good.  Too bad I go to work at 6:00 AM. The yups in the hood would have my hide if I left it like that.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 11:59:40 pm
I must say, my C5's sound is much throatier and powerful sounding than the 07 Electra loaner I'm riding... especially while waiting in traffic.

2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 02:28:39 am
We have talked to the Power Commander people/ They would be very willing to make a model for us, but it would require a minimum order of 100 = too rich for my blood. Maybe after we get some of these into the market.....
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Joe28

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 12:46:34 pm
Thanks! ;D
It's always tough to be drooling, waiting, waiting, waiting, for a new model that you've got the hots for to come to town!
You sit here and a MILLION questions run through your head, many easily answered with 1 look at the machine! ;D
I'm sure in a year or 2 well over 100 models will be sold. If you count the people over the other side of the pond who would like to "jazz" up their scoot, I'm sure we can get that amount to fill an order, (plus the guys who take matters into their own hands and come up with their own cures).
Throaty huh? cool, cuz a single cylinder should not sound like a lawn mower! 8)
Joe
So many bikes, so few room! ;)

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 04:56:27 pm
     This is an incredibly well mapped system. I think you guys are worrying too much.