Author Topic: G5 Military  (Read 24215 times)

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 05:47:12 pm
So where was that when I bought a C5?

Beautiful!

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 06:12:52 pm
Nice,,  I need more money....
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Charro

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 07:38:09 pm
That does it. I'm wating on the Deluxe until that one comes out.

Andy
2014 Royal Enfield C5
2004 Triumph Sprint RS
2004 Triumph Speed Four
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
1998 Triumph Speed Triple
1998 Triumph Daytona
2012 Ural Gear Up
"Tell me what kind of horse you want to ride. I'll tell you what kind of rider you are." (Old Mexican proverb)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 07:41:42 pm
Well - First off - WHAT kind of Corporate HQ in the world would have such a pastoral setting? Further plausible deniability, I say ......  ;D

The rack package MIGHT be available .... after all, there may a picture of it somewhere on the board here .... I think .... but I ain't sayin!

As for the Military not being available when you bought your C5? I'm assuming that you are in the UK, perhaps. The Military will be a USA only bike if someone would make one  ::).... It's been said that the Military bike is just not too popular in India amongst the civilian population (unless they are getting surplus ones for just a few Rupees!) so they never made a "road going" version of it for export. The domestic RE Military bike features the UCE engine, in 350cc with a carburettor, so the REST of us will never see it due to emissions rules and regs. At least YOU got to see a C5 - all I've seen is PICTURES! I'm rolling around on the ground to see one of THOSE up close! Yeah - I need more dough, too ...... and more space in the garage!! Dang UTT!!  :'(
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 09:10:52 pm
With a dark leather tractor seat and a pair of rucksacks for bags, it would be freakin' perfect...

How 'bout a version in U.S. Desert Tan?

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

Ukuvox

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 05:37:29 am
Oooohhhh...I was freaking out when I saw those pictures but when Mike said,

Posted by: mbevo1

...my heart stopped from the excitement. :o If I survive, I'd consider one instead of a C5...

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 06:25:17 am
Well - First off - WHAT kind of Corporate HQ in the world would have such a pastoral setting? Further plausible deniability, I say ......  ;D

The rack package MIGHT be available .... after all, there may a picture of it somewhere on the board here .... I think .... but I ain't sayin!
there's a black one on TRider's Classic kit enfield.

i really liked the look of it better than the oval rack, though honestly, i would LOVE something as low to the fender as possible.it just ends up looking better.

Geirskogul

• Grand Gearhead
  • The world isn't beautiful, therefore it is.
Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 08:51:56 am
And....I....just...bought....a....Military...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
All hail Sir Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

When an idiot thinks it's the same as not thinking at all!

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 02:12:13 pm
Nice effort, but too much chrome.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 05:57:24 pm
At least the pill is blacked out.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:00:10 pm by holodeck »

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 06:00:13 pm
I have heard a deniable rumor that someone has seen another combination or two for the G-5 Military that just might make the metal panniers that we are used to yesterdays news. Guess we'll have to see if anything accidentally gets put up here soon. I sure hope Scooter Bob doesn't do that. . For what it is worth I also heard a deniable rumor that 20 of the Militaries will be arriving in MN by the end of next week which would be two weeks early. Another rumor says the ship has already docked and they are being unloaded as we speak. Of course this is all stuff that I have only heard whispers about and it is all at least 4th hand .
  For what it is worth we are the only country that orders the Military model. The reason they are so late is that I had to beg and plead for the factory to even make them. They cannot understand why this is one of our most popular models.

Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Charro

• Bulleteer
Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 11:20:06 pm
I have heard a deniable rumor that someone has seen another combination or two for the G-5 Military that just might make the metal panniers that we are used to yesterdays news. Guess we'll have to see if anything accidentally gets put up here soon. I sure hope Scooter Bob doesn't do that. . For what it is worth I also heard a deniable rumor that 20 of the Militaries will be arriving in MN by the end of next week which would be two weeks early. Another rumor says the ship has already docked and they are being unloaded as we speak. Of course this is all stuff that I have only heard whispers about and it is all at least 4th hand .
  For what it is worth we are the only country that orders the Military model. The reason they are so late is that I had to beg and plead for the factory to even make them. They cannot understand why this is one of our most popular models.

Kevin tell India, that the moment a G5 Military hits our dealers I will buy one.

Andy
2014 Royal Enfield C5
2004 Triumph Sprint RS
2004 Triumph Speed Four
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
1998 Triumph Speed Triple
1998 Triumph Daytona
2012 Ural Gear Up
"Tell me what kind of horse you want to ride. I'll tell you what kind of rider you are." (Old Mexican proverb)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 11:28:38 pm
Charro,
Better tell your importer. Those bikes are a funny thing. When we get a new dealer they invariably tell us that the bike is too ugly and they don't think they will sell. We suggest kindly that they really should try one and then we shut up. Invariably they are on the phone ordering one because the first customer that walked in the door wanted one
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 02:38:26 am
Oooohhhh...I was freaking out when I saw those pictures but when Mike said,

Posted by: mbevo1

...my heart stopped from the excitement. :o If I survive, I'd consider one instead of a C5...

The term "desert tan" HAS been kicked around a bit .... I've mostly been GETTING the kicking. It would be ONE MORE hole that I'd have to dig out in the garage .... I am a proponent! Especially with some sort of subtle "chocolate chip" camo job on it .... A "one or two off" one may show up .... I may have to freekin' BUILD one to suit me! Hahaha!! The OD Green G5 Military is pretty darn spanky, tho .... I swear, it almost looks better than than my Iron barrel bike! Oh ..... my ...... GAWD!! I actually SAID that, didn't I? I had best go ride the little iron barrel to appease the Enfield gods now .... I could have screwed up ...... !  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 04:20:14 am
Every year, Ural comes out with a "limited Edition". It's a standard model, with a different paint scheme. They make 30-50 of them, charge an extra $500 per, and sell out.
This year they have a desert tan, called the Sahara.
I am thinking with SB's talent, Enfield could develop a similar program and add even more uniqueness to the Enfield.

Ural Sahara:
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville