Author Topic: G5 Military  (Read 24217 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 04:31:00 am
We have done this a couple of times. We did 20 limited editions in the White Classic several years ago and then more recetnly the "Final Edition" bikes which were the last 20 500cc Iron Barrels ever built. I have the very last one and Scooter Bob has the last Military. Guess we  didn't do too well since we bought our own product. Not a great way to make money. URAL makes some nice limited editions. They have the advantage of owning the factory we don't. This is a good idea and one to keep in mind.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

northshore_paul

• Bulleteer
  • Remember...all roads come to an end mon ami.
Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 05:01:14 am
What is great about all this fantasy and wishing and hoping is that it makes me feel like a young kid again...like when the new Schwinn models arrived at the neighborhood bike shop in time for Christmas. All we could do was look, touch and drool a little because we knew we were never getting one...too expensive, would have to wait for some kid to sell his used one later down the line. But this time I ain't waiting...hell I've been waiting all my life and I think it is about time I get that new bike for myself this time...that is if it was not fantasy or rumor and there was a real ship bringing real military G5's in....Oh well I guess all an old kid can do is dream...and hope.... ;)
'01 Kawasaki W650
'06 Suzuki Burgman 400
'03 Bullet Classic gone to a new home
'84 BMW R100 gone to a new home
'94 Honda PC800 gone to a new home

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 03:07:21 am
exactly paul. I've been riding since 1955 and my first new bike was my 06 delux.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

Sasquatch_cycles

• Scooter
Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 05:24:18 am
would the military G5s come w/the bags and springer seat?  I'm about 10 days from plopping my money down on a C5 but I like that bike in the picture and LOT.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 06:06:32 pm
What is great about all this fantasy and wishing and hoping is that it makes me feel like a young kid again...like when the new Schwinn models arrived at the neighborhood bike shop in time for Christmas. All we could do was look, touch and drool a little because we knew we were never getting one...too expensive, would have to wait for some kid to sell his used one later down the line. But this time I ain't waiting...hell I've been waiting all my life and I think it is about time I get that new bike for myself this time...that is if it was not fantasy or rumor and there was a real ship bringing real military G5's in....Oh well I guess all an old kid can do is dream...and hope.... ;)

Paul - You should try it on THIS end for a little bit! Talk about "Kid at Christmas Syndrome!" - Hahaha!! I get absolutely GIDDY when I get the opportunity to put together something like that G5 Military for you guys out there ... er, ah .... I mean THINK about putting one together ...  ;D It is great fun - as well as a great privilege to be involved at this level. I'd crank out super-cool custom deluxe Enfields all day LONG if I had the time to do JUST that .... I'm told that if I come home with ONE MORE motorcycle and that poop-eatin' grin on my face and start measuring the garage, that "ill be SLEEPIN' out in it ... Heeheehee! It MAY be worth the risk at some level! - Hahaha!   ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

northshore_paul

• Bulleteer
  • Remember...all roads come to an end mon ami.
Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 03:14:13 am
Scooterbob...and you get paid for what you do...or do you have to give them money to do it????
'01 Kawasaki W650
'06 Suzuki Burgman 400
'03 Bullet Classic gone to a new home
'84 BMW R100 gone to a new home
'94 Honda PC800 gone to a new home

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 11:57:45 am
Scooterbob...and you get paid for what you do...or do you have to give them money to do it????

Not only do I get to love and dote on the newest Enfields and try to make 'em fun and reliable for you guys - I get all the free coffee that I can drink! I still think Kevin regrets THAT one!  ;D

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 02:35:04 pm
The "blackout" version ..... Enjoy! I gotta get a cup o' joe now ......  ;D

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 02:38:39 pm
Oops - I posted the back view of the bike twice .... Sorry about that - I guess I'm just letting the rest of the motorcycling world see all they are GONNA see of the new RE ... Hahahaha!! I MUST need a little more caffeine ....

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 03:40:50 pm
That almost makes a G5 appealing to me. Is it possible to get rid of the gaiters?

Thanks,
-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'06 RE Bullet Classic Iron
'63 VW Beetle Ragtop (also classic)
'66 Chris Craft Cavalier Cutlass 26'
'02 BMW R1150R

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 04:17:52 pm
That almost makes a G5 appealing to me. Is it possible to get rid of the gaiters?

Thanks,
-Rick

The BEST part about an Enfield .... it all fits! You could convert it over to the earlier covered tube tinware and be in the HOUSE!

Indiana Josh

• IndianaJosh.com
  • Bulleteer
  • All I ever wanted was a world without maps...
Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 08:54:24 pm
I like it, but surely I'm not the only one who thinks it looks incomplete without the metal panniers? They look, in my humble opinion, SO MUCH better than the *ahem* run-of-the-mill saddlebags. I don't suppose the metal panniers from the older bikes could be fitted onto this?  If not, I'm sure somebody could rig them up--but not me. Honestly, that exclusion alone may be enough to keep me from getting one. It just doesn't look military enough to me without them.
The Thousand and One Tales of Indiana Josh

2008 Military Iron

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 10:24:33 pm
I like it quite a lot.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 10:26:06 pm
I think it is the lack of green on the motor/too much chrome that makes it look different.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Indiana Josh

• IndianaJosh.com
  • Bulleteer
  • All I ever wanted was a world without maps...
Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 10:50:53 pm
I think it is the lack of green on the motor/too much chrome that makes it look different.

Good observation. I have to agree.
The Thousand and One Tales of Indiana Josh

2008 Military Iron