Author Topic: Dual seat for the C5  (Read 16366 times)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 11:19:12 pm
Br. Talltenor, I fully agree with Brs. Rusty and 80 regarding their C5 pillion seat viewpoints.  I also fully understand those who might have a need to carry passangers on their C5s.  In essence, to add or not to add a pillion pad is as personal a choice as to opting for the red, the teal or the black C5.  Make mine red, please!   ;)
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 05:31:48 am
The pillion pictured is not the one that will be offered from the factory. I just saw the production prototype at the factory a week or so ago. It is beautifully engineered and executed piece and is quite stylish. It also goes on and off in about 5 minutes. I meant to take a picture but forgot. So sorry.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

shotime

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 02:52:13 pm
Hi Kevin...would the new pillion seats fit older models (2006 500 ES) as well? If you can post some pics it would be really great.

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 07:18:35 pm
Hi Kevin...would the new pillion seats fit older models (2006 500 ES) as well? If you can post some pics it would be really great.

Shotime - it's unlikely to fit anything other than the new C5 - It;s been designed to attach to the cylindrical bracket under the C5 solo seat. No previous bike has this
Cheers
Nick

shotime

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 10:02:09 pm
Thanks Nick...thts a bummer..the only thing keeping me from changing my oem seat to a solo seat is the lack of a comfortable pillion seat for the missus.
Well..the oem seat will make do for now at least.

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 04:14:37 am
Like an idiot I neglected to take any pictures of the pillioin. I wanted to bring some home to put together some marketing materials, but I didn't. UK is right, the seat will only fit the C-5
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Monty

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 05:58:07 am
Thanks to all who responded.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Pillion from the factory.  I hope that the Pillion looks good on the C5,  I"m set to deploy soon and I planning on up grading to the C5 when I get home.  For me riding with out the wife would be no fun.  Kevin any way you can get some picture from the Factory. 

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 07:02:40 am
Shotime - it's unlikely to fit anything other than the new C5 - It;s been designed to attach to the cylindrical bracket under the C5 solo seat. No previous bike has this

I wondered what that bracket was for. Be interesting to see how they've avoided having to clamp it to the nicely painted subframe. A passenger will exert a fair amount of leverage if it's only fixed at the front, I would've thought there must be a fixing under the pad itself but it's all shiny paint.

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 08:11:21 am
Thanks to all who responded.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Pillion from the factory.  I hope that the Pillion looks good on the C5,  I"m set to deploy soon and I planning on up grading to the C5 when I get home.  For me riding with out the wife would be no fun.  Kevin any way you can get some picture from the Factory. 

Monty - where you deploying too & for how long?
Cheers
Nick

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 08:33:25 am
I've always loved this style pillion:
http://www.cj750.net/sitepics/ww2/12ww2grnpnz/wwIIr75panzerar_5411.JPG

But I think it'd be too sacrilegious to break up the lines on the C5. I even had to make my own panniers for the bike to keep them!
2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper

Monty

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 05:31:59 am
UK-Classics  Sorry I can not say to where but I will be gone about a year.  Going to miss my bullet while i"m gone, but I hope to purchase a new one when I get home if this pillion looks and rides nice,  After being gone that long I don't want to ride with out the wife..

Corbin

• Dare To Be You!
  • Scooter
Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 11:09:58 pm
Love the new pillon pad for the C5,what about other accessories?  Like panniers, etc... what is available on this website's store at present that can be used in conjunction with the C5?

Also, will the oil filter package on this website for AVL be suitable for the new EFI?  I noticed ye have a sale going on which I would like to take advantage of but want to make sure there absolutely compatible.

Monty, be safe and the best of luck to you on your journey.  My thoughts will be with you and your miss's and I am sure we all hope to hear and read of your adventures with your missus upon your return home on your new C5!
Ride: 2009 Black Royal Enfield Bullet Classic EFI
Name: Betty-Ann

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 05:44:23 am
The oil filter for the AVL is the same as the oil filter for the UCE, however the orings etc are different.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com