Author Topic: My C5 is in the shop already :(  (Read 26318 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 03:48:52 pm
Here is what I know about the situation in the UK. First of all we have 196 bikes to deal with in total. More than half of them are in my wareshouse so the numbers with dealers and  customers is quite a bit lower. In the UK and Europe in general there are close to 1,000 bikes (with most of them being in the UK) that need to be done. I understand that parts are already in Europe. Watsonian has already done several, but it is a big job, probably 8 man hours not including logistics. A good friend of mine from the factory is leaving for Europe on Monday with a crew from the factory to assist in this work and speed it up.. That took a while because it is not as easy for Indians to get VISA's for Europe and the US as it is for us to get VISA's to India. Once he gets them in place he is going back for another group who is still waiting for VISA's.
  One that happens the pace will pick up quite a bit. Here in the US we have far fewer bikes to get done so once parts are here it should go fairly quickly. It is too bad that this happened in the peak of riding season, but it is what it is.
This is not an official redaction of what is going on in Europe but represents bits and pieces that I have heard. In short they are on it and more help is on the way.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 06:02:39 pm
Well that sounds good news Kevin,  we now know that at least something appeares to be happening.

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 06:11:06 pm
I called WS today around 2pm, I was told that the bloke I was speaking to was the only one there and that everyone seems to be gone at the moment. He couldn't tell me anything and asked to call back Monday.

Another week bites the dust. Although I guess I'd be less peeved if I'd just not had my bike since the recall... but mine was taken almost a month prior to it though so it's getting old, with no word on when my bike will be done.
2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper

enfield_33

Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 09:04:05 pm
Bad news, James!  The good news is that an Audi didn't run over your parked C5.

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #64 on: July 01, 2009, 11:47:34 pm
Right, sorry I haven't replied sooner but I've been knee deep in rust and grease with my RE2 this week.

Monday I got a call back from WS. Apparently parts arrived last wednesday and seeing as mines practically lived there for the past 6 or 7 weeks they did mine.

So, it's fixed! yay. Well, would be yay if I had it or knew when I was getting it. Apparently it was back to them figuring out when to get it to me. I was told that they were figuring all that out right away and I'd get a call back that afternoon with news on when I'd get my bike.

Monday came and went, so did Tuesday. Today I called them and spoke to yet another person who didn't know anything about my bike as no one who knew was there and Mike was on the phone again. So I asked if someone could give me a ring please and just let me know when I can expect it.

Again, day passed and nothing. So, weeks almost over, it won't be this week I doubt as I'd really need to know when it's coming to make sure they get their loaner back. Roll on August!

Sigh.
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #65 on: July 02, 2009, 05:51:03 pm
Well, still heard nowt this morning so I called Torre to see if they'd heard anything as they have an EFI Electra in for recall. Kevin there rang WS and couldn't get anyone who knew what was going on to speak to either, but they promised to get back to him before 1pm as he leaves at that time.

I got a call at 12:50 and he said he got a call back but still got nowhere, but that Ben promised to call me this afternoon. He said I should call WS if I don't hear by 4pm as they'll be leaving for home else. It got to about 4:30 and I called, Ben who apparently is the regional manager for the south west was on the phone, so I had to leave my name again.

But, I actually did get a call this time. Apparently my bike is penciled in for being delivered to me on Tuesday. I'm still skeptical and I don't think I'll believe it until the bike is in my drive, but fingers crossed that this thing finally gets resolved and I can get my C5 back!

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #66 on: July 09, 2009, 01:45:47 pm
PRAISE BE! SHE'S BAAAAAAAAACK!  ;D

Ukuvox

• Scooter
Reply #67 on: July 09, 2009, 05:54:01 pm
YES!!!

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: July 09, 2009, 08:43:05 pm
"PRAISE BE! SHE'S BAAAAAAAAACK!"  ;D  JamesC5 

Alleluia, Brother!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #69 on: July 09, 2009, 09:14:12 pm
OUTSTANDING!!!!! I'm happy for you, hit the road for a few days!  ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #70 on: July 09, 2009, 11:40:44 pm
Well I had planned a trip for June, now it'll be August, gotta decide now, Wales or Scotland, yehaw!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #71 on: July 09, 2009, 11:56:46 pm
With a little careful planning you can do both!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

davem

• Scooter
Reply #72 on: July 10, 2009, 12:28:15 am
Brilliant and how does she run?. Mine is down there at the moment hope to get it back next week. Happy days eh.
                                           Davem.

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #73 on: July 10, 2009, 01:10:17 pm
Praise be, indeed! Looks like things are beginning to turn a corner. Enjoy your riding.

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #74 on: July 10, 2009, 01:48:32 pm
Good stuff - have you picked her up yet & had a decent test ride?
Cheers
Nick