Author Topic: My C5 is in the shop already :(  (Read 26313 times)

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 01:47:52 pm
Just heard from my dealer that engine/frame Nos. 00088 to 01116 are for recall for gearbox attention. Not too sure were I am with my bike, seems to be some discrepancy with my Nos.- or I am not reading them properly

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 02:17:22 pm
Just got a call from Mike who was very straight forward (yay!) , but it turns out my C5 DOES fall in the VINs with the recall :(

It's also a separate issue than my original gearbox issue. Apparently the parts will be flown in from India and mine will be one of the first fixed, but no timeline given.

Bleh. Still, least I should hopefully be safe to ride over 50mph when I finally get it back.

Marrtyn,
You're still ahead of the game!
We don't even have any C5 bikes over here in the US yet.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 03:50:07 pm
I have known Mike at Watsonian for many years. We have been in this business selling Enfield for about the same length of time. I can ensure you that the straightforwardness you got from him is how he is all of the time. I will say with 100% certainty that when this is over he and the others at Watsonian will have made sure you have a safe bike to ride.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 10:58:26 pm
It looks like things may be finally going your way,  I can't wait to hear how it is over 50 MPH  ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
Reply #49 on: June 22, 2009, 03:20:53 pm
i worked on high-tech machinery for many years with new technology hitting us constantly. One thing for sure: new machine-new quirks! It'll be ok though. My wife has a C5 on order so we're in this boat together.
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 11:20:19 pm
Still no word. I think I'll call tomorrow, but doubt there will be any good news, probably another few weeks to go.

Bleh.
2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: June 23, 2009, 01:00:59 pm
No tarnish here. My wife's C5 is on the way (teal) and she's looking forward to it. Sounds like this is the only engine to be offered next year, so I feel confident RE will do what it takes to correct any issues and keep the machines rolling. By the way, I'll be heading for the Land o' the Sky for Belle Chere and maybe a little ride. Wonder how my Bullet would do on the Dragon's Tail...
Anyone reading this will have their enthusiasm for the new UCE a bit tarnished. I sort of feel bad I recommended the bike on some other forums. Matbe i'll just sit back and observe.
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: June 23, 2009, 02:25:27 pm
No tarnish here. My wife's C5 is on the way (teal) and she's looking forward to it. Sounds like this is the only engine to be offered next year, so I feel confident RE will do what it takes to correct any issues and keep the machines rolling. By the way, I'll be heading for the Land o' the Sky for Belle Chere and maybe a little ride. Wonder how my Bullet would do on the Dragon's Tail...

Maybe we can get a few Bulleteers together and do the Blue Ridge Parkway. Fun2drum is out this way, and there is some old guy who has an AVL we might be able to get ride if he has a tank on his bike. ;D
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: June 23, 2009, 03:16:07 pm
sweet-I'll let you know some times when I can
Maybe we can get a few Bulleteers together and do the Blue Ridge Parkway. Fun2drum is out this way, and there is some old guy who has an AVL we might be able to get ride if he has a tank on his bike. ;D
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #54 on: June 23, 2009, 04:36:15 pm
Just to clarify a couple of points. In the US the C-5 is NOT on the recall list. Since they have been sold longer in Europe they are involved there.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #55 on: June 23, 2009, 09:51:46 pm
Still no word. I think I'll call tomorrow, but doubt there will be any good news, probably another few weeks to go.

Bleh.
Spoke to my dealer the other day. He tells me we in the UK are to get a letter from WS explaining the situation and advising us of the next step, re: bike collection etc etc. This has been confirmed by another guy, and also that the letters have been sent out last friday( this info. given to other guy at WS Open Day).Needless to say I hav'nt recieved my letter or anything else as yet. (I am trying to remain positive,but summer is slipping away)

davem

• Scooter
Reply #56 on: June 23, 2009, 11:50:48 pm
hi marrtyn.(our) dealer hasn't rung me once about this recall, so today i rang him and finally he took my details, frame no etc. and said he would fax them to w/s and i would  get the letter. by the way when i spoke to mike at the open day he had no record of me at all. regards davem (mack)

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #57 on: June 24, 2009, 02:20:26 pm
hi marrtyn.(our) dealer hasn't rung me once about this recall, so today i rang him and finally he took my details, frame no etc. and said he would fax them to w/s and i would  get the letter. by the way when i spoke to mike at the open day he had no record of me at all. regards davem (mack)
Hi (Mack) davem,
Funny, my telephone calls/conversations have been one way also. Is this a UK thing.
Regards Marrtyn (arryenfield)

davem

• Scooter
Reply #58 on: June 24, 2009, 10:58:38 pm
Hi Martyn. I think it more likely a small dealer thing, but i did get an email from W/S today saying I'd be hearing from them/ dealer soon about the timing of the pick up etc.Davem.

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #59 on: June 25, 2009, 11:11:44 am
I want my bike back. The Electra leaks oil everywhere and behaves badly in the heat, not the bike I paid for that's for sure...

Still no word from WS, was hoping seeing as it's been in the shop for so long it may have been worked on by now, I can't see these parts taking 2 or 3 weeks to be flown over from India.

Frustrating is an understatement.
2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper