Author Topic: Bullet Classic EFI (C5) Issues: Can You Help?  (Read 12180 times)

Corbin

• Dare To Be You!
  • Scooter
Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 05:09:02 pm
Hi Rusty,

Yes, that helps and I do appreciate your taking the time and effort to help out.

I have had another look today at the chain guard.  See picture.  You cannot see all of the damage as the paint was entirely scrapped off of the chain guard, but you can see where it has started to damage it to that extent.  It is something I will just remove, clean down and have a go at it with some black paint.

If you look at the second picture, you can actually see where the chain guard is rubbing against.  Its the down bar next to the passenger foot peg to the far left hand side.  Unfortunately I cannot get in with the camera to take a picture, but the paint is scrapped off of the inside of this section.  Something else I will sort out myself.

On an unrelated note, Rusty, have you managed to open your oval tool box?  I unlocked it with my key, but for the life of me I cannot get to what is suppose to be a set of tools that came with this bike.  I feel silly for bringing this up even but at this point, I rather ask than yank too hard and end up with some real damage.  Upon unlocking the darn thing I cannot figure out what or where I am suppose to pull/push/poke or prod. 

Cheers...
Ride: 2009 Black Royal Enfield Bullet Classic EFI
Name: Betty-Ann

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 05:45:02 pm
That is strange, the first picture is of a similar view to mine, the chainguard shouldn't be anywhere near that frame tube. Don't think it's a major problem though, a bit of careful bracket bending should sort it.

As regards the oval toolbox it's retained by the latch and two locating pins fixed to the lid, one at about six o clock and one at nine. These locate into two rubber grommets inside the box. You have to get your fingernails behind the lid to get it off but there's no tricky securing mechanism, just be careful not to drop it.

The tools are in retained in the box (not the lid) by a rubber band.

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 08:14:47 am
Does Watsonian do service? They are REALLY good guys and do a great deal to contribute to the well being of the Royal Enfield. Mike is one of the best technical guys I have ever come ac cross. He and Peter started the company. Peter retired and Mike brought in some young fresh blood which was also good. The new guys are also great guys and believe in the brand. Mike and I communicate regularly and I use him as a resource a lot.

Watsonian don't supply the bikes direct to Joe public (they import from India, do a few interesting mods & supply a range of spares), you have to purchase through one of the approved dealers. I'm pretty sure they don't get involved in servicing either.
I know they have been the UK RE importers for about 10 years now but the company has been producing sidecars for nearly a 100 years - they must have been doing a good job of it to last this long.

They have an open weekend next month displaying RE, sidecar outfits, & other RE mechandise
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:17:47 am by UK-Classics »
Cheers
Nick

Rain Rider

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 06:46:56 pm
Hi Corbin,
Sorry to hear you are having problems.
I bought a Classic in 2003 off Sheehans with no real problems.
The Sprag clutch failed in 2006 but I just replaced it myself as I think the warranty was up anyway.
I have never had the bike serviced in Sheehans due to the distance from my home in Kildare,  instead I got a manual with the bike and do my own work.
John Sheehan as always been on hand with advice and an offer to do any work which I am unable to do.
My friend Rodney also bought both 350 & 500 classics off Sheehans and he is quite knowledgable on these bikes. Im quite sure he would be able to offer advice on the new EFI as well.
What County are you in ? perhaps we could meet for a ride out and a coffee some day.
John D.

Corbin

• Dare To Be You!
  • Scooter
Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:56 pm
Hello Rain Rider,

Suitable name for Eire.  Yes, John is very nice, but at the same time, I have yet to hear back at all from him.  You are right about the distance aspect, its really too far to worry about at the end of the day.  Much of the work I think is easy enough to do on our own anyways, if not, there is always some of the larger dealerships in Dublin or I will even just ferry across to Wales if need be.

I am in County Carlow, in Graiguecullen.  We should definitely meet up if you wish.  It would be nice to meet some fellow RE enthusiasts.  You can email me at any time or even text me.  My details are below.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

mrjcorbin@hotmail.com
085 113 5730
Ride: 2009 Black Royal Enfield Bullet Classic EFI
Name: Betty-Ann