Author Topic: Bullet Classic EFI - 1400 Miles and Counting!  (Read 2568 times)

Corbin

• Dare To Be You!
  • Scooter
on: May 15, 2009, 08:45:59 am
After four long years of waiting I finally bit the bullet (no pun intended) and bought myself a new Bullet Classic EFI.  I put a deposit down on the bike at the beginning of January 2009 and was thrilled to finally be able to collect it a month ago.  It was the first Classic EFI to make its way over to the Republic of Ireland and luckily for me, a boyhood dream was realized when said EFI Classic just so happened to be still in her crate from India!

There isn't really any other way to describe the feelings of seeing something as beautiful as this bike coming out of its crate other than to compare it to Christmas morning when as children, we found ourselves sleep deprived over having trying to stay up all night to catch a glimpse of ol' St. Nicholas himself.

Coming into the driveway I saw what I knew could only be one thing, my Royal Enfield Classic EFI crated and still on the trailer from its journey over from Watsonian Squire in England.  I found myself relishing every moment as I walked by the crate, my hand stroking its side.

I am sorry if this sounds more like a love story than a blog about some guy's new bike.  But anyone who has ever had the pleasure of owning a Royal Enfield, let alone a Royal Enfield Classic EFI can attest that this is not just about some guy buying a bike.  Its about the beginning of something beautiful.  I literally had butterflies in my stomach as the crowbar began to rip apart the side of the crate open. 

Layer after layer I found the bike so well packed that I literally wanted to rip it all off the way one does with wrapping paper.  Then, before I knew it I caught a glimpse of the black beauty inside.  What little light penetrated through the packaging reflected off the chrome exhaust.  Soon, her nacelle was showing through and well, it was love at first sight.  This was better than any toy I had ever received as a child if only because, this time I would be riding this toy home!

This is an exceptionally beautiful motorcycle and I have to admit I really am surprised.  After having read so many things about Royal Enfields, both good and bad, I knew that this would be one of those moments in my life where I would either regret my purchase immediately or I would never sell this bike and yes, I would even become one of those bikers who insist on keeping their motorcycle inside the living room next to the television where it could enjoy the warmth of tan Irish Fireplace and the sound of Jeremy Clarkson in TopGear in the background.

This is not just a motorcycle, this is the spirit of motorcycling in its purist form.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things I will discuss that needs to be addressed.  There is the question of the dealership, or lack of rather that I have had to endure; there is also the question of how and why the chain guard is scrapping against the frame and naturally, there is also all the fun bits to talk about like how the bike is now handling after fourteen hundred miles on the clock. 

However, for the time being I thought I would just start by sharing with you my experience of finally being able to relive my youth but in a much grandeur way.  I strongly suggest that any of you contemplating on purchasing a new Royal Enfield in the next few months do so by way of seeing it come out of its crate if possible.  I do have pictures (naturally) that I hope to have up eventually.  I'll happily email them to anybody who wishes as well. 

Thank You for Listening.
 :)
Ride: 2009 Black Royal Enfield Bullet Classic EFI
Name: Betty-Ann

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 12:03:34 pm
What a great story, I'm jealous. Keep us informed while we wait for the bikes to make it to the U.S.A
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:24:42 pm
Hi Corbin - the bike looks great in black.

Not sure where you are in Ireland but the only RE dealer in the south is in Waterford.

cheers
Cheers
Nick

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:07:29 pm
Br. Corbin, I send you a CONGRADULATIONS and a WOWZAA from the U.S. of A.!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Rain Rider

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:53:33 pm
Hi Corbin,
I would love to see your EFI, what county are you in?
I am in Kildare & I go for the ocassional spin with my friend Rod from wicklow.
We are having a camping weekend in Co Tipp in  August, see note below.
Would love you to come.

Royal Enfield Irish camping weekend Powers the Pot, Clonmel Co Tipperary.
August 21st-23r. this is noy an official REOC event.
please contact J B Nicholls.
thatboyinkerry@hotmail.com all welcome this is the second year of this relaxed event.

Best Wishes,
John D.