Author Topic: Toolbox Lid Protector  (Read 4970 times)

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
on: May 09, 2009, 03:57:55 am
How many of you out there have had your toolbox lid slam on the fenderstay nut and either dent it or scratch it? After powder coating my bike  I decided to do something about it and one day shopping in H Depot I came across some Black 3/4" table leg rubbers (light bulb flickers in caption bubble over head) that fit snugly over the nut. Problem solved for a couple of greenbacks.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

sqf

• Bulleteer
  • 07' Military-solo seat, elec ignition
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 06:36:04 pm
I don't need a lid protector but I do need to get my machine as simple and clean as yours! 
Wide open spaces are gorgeous.
Fir Na Dli

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 07:56:17 pm
I don't need a lid protector but I do need to get my machine as simple and clean as yours! 
Wide open spaces are gorgeous.

Well sqf, I appreciate the comment and that was my desire. The secret was stuffing the battery in the LS toolbox. There has been some discussion in the past about trying to fit a battery powerful enough for the ES models and small enough to fit in the toolbox. If interested do a forum search. The other was to say sayonara to the indicators. Most wouldn't, but then again I'm not part of the herd.

Blltrdr
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:11:50 pm
Very cool idea! And gives a nice clean look too.

Your bike looks frikkin' awesome!

Am I spying a twin plug package on there?

Dynamite!

Home of the Fireball 535 !

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:38:35 pm
Very cool idea! And gives a nice clean look too.

Your bike looks frikkin' awesome!

Am I spying a twin plug package on there?

Dynamite!

Ace, yes you do see a twin plug head. But that motor has been boxed up and is under the bench with the 4spd. I have installed a new motor and 5spd. I will eventually rebuild the motor that went tits up for a possible cafe project but will probably screw in a thumb activated decompressor in the extra hole. Hopefully I can have the Mondello treatment on it, cause I really busted my ass cleaning up the casting.

By the way have you read my posts about some answers I need concerning 5spds. I have the old Snidal manual and can't answer my own questions with it. So anyone that is very familiar with the 5spd and is willing to answer a couple questions from me please chime in.

Thanks, Blltrdr
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 03:17:26 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

sqf

• Bulleteer
  • 07' Military-solo seat, elec ignition
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 01:33:43 am

There has been some discussion in the past about trying to fit a battery powerful enough for the ES models and small enough to fit in the toolbox. If interested do a forum search. The other was to say sayonara to the indicators. Most wouldn't, but then again I'm not part of the herd.

Blltrdr
I have a big old metal military pannier to house a sealed battery!
I like your approach to indicators.  Do you have any pics of your handlebar setup?  I'm looking into removing as much as possible to clean things up there a bit.
Fir Na Dli

geoffbaker

Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:34:03 am
very nice clean bike blltrdr.

If you have too much money and want a battery small enough to hide anywhere, talk to these guys...

http://www.tekbattery.com/

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 01:57:13 am
very nice clean bike blltrdr.

If you have too much money and want a battery small enough to hide anywhere, talk to these guys...

http://www.tekbattery.com/

Geoff I could replace the battery I'm currently using for the rest of my life and still have some greenbacks left to pay for my cremation. Yuasa is my battery of choice and the only one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Blltrdr
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:12:14 am by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 02:11:22 am
I have a big old metal military pannier to house a sealed battery!
I like your approach to indicators.  Do you have any pics of your handlebar setup?  I'm looking into removing as much as possible to clean things up there a bit.

I built a new wiring harness and installed a Sparx 210 watt DC charging system. I bought the 50's style handlebars and vintage control kit. headlight dip/horn is a repro Ducon and also replaced the key switch with repro Lucas rotary. If I get a chance next week I'll email you a pic.

Thanks for your interest, love to blab about my ride to anyone willing to hear all the boring details. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah............

Blltrdr
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 03:05:03 am
Well, Br. B, here's yet another WOWZAA!!!  This time it goes to your bike, which, in fact deserves yet another WOWZAA!!!  As for the little mod, I have followed suit... it's a neat idea and one I could accomplish by myself -- no advanced mechanical skills required.  Hell, Brother, I'll spring for yet another WOWZAA!!! 
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 04:01:38 am
Posted by: Cabo Cruz
Well, Br. B, here's yet another WOWZAA!!!  This time it goes to your bike, which, in fact deserves yet another WOWZAA!!!  As for the little mod, I have followed suit... it's a neat idea and one I could accomplish by myself -- no advanced mechanical skills required.  Hell, Brother, I'll spring for yet another WOWZAA!!! 

Cabo, I'm glad to see you looking out for your beloved Perla by reaching deep into those pockets of yours for the procurement of the items needed to do my simple mod and to offer her beautiful exterior a little extra protection. 

A WOWZAA back at ya
Blltrdr
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 04:07:26 am
 :D :D :D
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

arindamcc

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 04:40:22 am
Please post some picture of Sparx 210 stator fitted on bullet.
I built a new wiring harness and installed a Sparx 210 watt DC charging system. I bought the 50's style handlebars and vintage control kit. headlight dip/horn is a repro Ducon and also replaced the key switch with repro Lucas rotary. If I get a chance next week I'll email you a pic.

Thanks for your interest, love to blab about my ride to anyone willing to hear all the boring details. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah............

Blltrdr

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 03:31:11 pm
Sorry, but I don't have a pic of the stator mounted. Why are you interested in seeing a pic of the stator? You could probably do a Google image search of one to see what it looks like mounted. Most likely it will be mounted on a Brit bike (BSA, Norton, etc).
2003 Classic 500 5 spd