Author Topic: ? for Ace  (Read 3842 times)

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 05:58:59 pm
I've heard of this duckbill thing- what is it and why would I want one, please?

Well you probably already have one. Do you have a catch can that your breather hose attaches to? If so there is a duckbill inside that can.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:08:40 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 06:15:00 pm
This has been posted a hundred times, but I took the duckbill out of my can, cut the hose that was going to the catch can and glued the duckbill valve into that hose. I do the evil thing of venting on my chain. Why that is evil has been posted a hundred times too. I guess I am just evil.

I am interested in the fancy bunn breather, but not interested enough to drop the coin on it.

-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'06 RE Bullet Classic Iron
'63 VW Beetle Ragtop (also classic)
'66 Chris Craft Cavalier Cutlass 26'
'02 BMW R1150R

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 06:31:12 pm
I do the evil thing of venting on my chain. Why that is evil has been posted a hundred times too. I guess I am just evil.

-Rick

Rick, I don't think anyone really thinks it is evil, just that some bikes blow more oil than others which can cause a real mess on your rear wheel and possible safety issues that go along with it. In your case it probably gives you a slight misting which isn't an issue.

Blltrdr
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 09:17:41 pm
I've heard of this duckbill thing- what is it and why would I want one, please?

Well you probably already have one. Do you have a catch can that your breather hose attaches to? If so there is a duckbill inside that can.

Beans.  How would I know?
The bike is running fine, so I guess I won't worry about it.
Run what ya brung

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 09:30:39 pm
I do the evil thing of venting on my chain. Why that is evil has been posted a hundred times too. I guess I am just evil.

-Rick

Rick, I don't think anyone really thinks it is evil, just that some bikes blow more oil than others which can cause a real mess on your rear wheel and possible safety issues that go along with it. In your case it probably gives you a slight misting which isn't an issue.

Blltrdr

I think a lot of people worry about it being acidic and generally bad stuff. I was reading the bunn breather marketing lit and it sounds horrible from their description. I think they said it attacks innocent virgins, which would be evil ;) I personally do not believe it is providing lubrication for my chain, but others do. I don't worry about it too much.

-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'06 RE Bullet Classic Iron
'63 VW Beetle Ragtop (also classic)
'66 Chris Craft Cavalier Cutlass 26'
'02 BMW R1150R

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 02:48:07 am
Thank you, Br. Bob!  There are, at the very least, two brothers who sure are glad to know there will not be a chance that WIPERBIKEALOTIS will turn into a pandemic!!! WOWZAALOTIS!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla