Author Topic: G5 or Old Bonnie?  (Read 7747 times)

LouA

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 01:50:16 am
Well,if you live near Connecticut you can come and buy my '76 Bonnie. Then I can buy a G5 !  ;D ...LouA

Keith

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 03:53:06 am
Funny!   :D
I think I've decided to go ahead and lay down the down payment for the G5.  Its just so damn beautiful.   
Many thanks to all for your helpful advice and opinions, this is a great resource!

72westie

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 03:36:16 pm
Enfield are fun, but nothing beats the look or the sound of a Triumph Bonneville, well, a Norton Commando or a Manx does I guess..... :D
2001 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Race Bike:
2008 Ahrma Classic 60's #1 Plate
2009 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
2010 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
http://www.bgmotorcycle.com

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 06:09:13 pm
Same choice that I had (albeit an A65 rather than a Bonnie).

I could have bought a really nice BSA for £4.5k but even then there is always the possibility of it needing work, you can never be sure how it's been 'restored' previously. Possibly if I had a workshop but my garage and a few tools wouldn't be enough to keep old brit iron going.

I went for the Enfield because it looks and feels like an old bike but the important stuff like the brakes & controls etec are up to modern standards. I've no desire to get all nostalgic as a handful of 8" TLS fails to stop me hitting a car.

I'll get to look after it from new and the warranty is a big plus. I did consider a new bonnie but they're too sanitised and I've done the modern Triumph thing.

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 06:31:39 pm
Same choice that I had (albeit an A65 rather than a Bonnie).

I could have bought a really nice BSA for £4.5k but even then there is always the possibility of it needing work, you can never be sure how it's been 'restored' previously. Possibly if I had a workshop but my garage and a few tools wouldn't be enough to keep old brit iron going.

I went for the Enfield because it looks and feels like an old bike but the important stuff like the brakes & controls etec are up to modern standards. I've no desire to get all nostalgic as a handful of 8" TLS fails to stop me hitting a car.

I'll get to look after it from new and the warranty is a big plus. I did consider a new bonnie but they're too sanitised and I've done the modern Triumph thing.

I second your sentiments - how's the E5 going?
Cheers
Nick