Author Topic: across America by Bullet  (Read 31235 times)

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 07:54:30 pm
Actually my father lives in Dubuque, about half way to Faribault. Since I bought my bike from him I'm sure he would love to see what I have done with it.

I might go to the rally. I am planning on going to a vintage motorcyle show in Kalamazoo Michigan June 8th <http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/html/events.php> but I might try to make it up to Minnesota too.
Endeavor To Persevere

Current: '75 Honda CB550F, '76 Honda CB750F. Previous:  2007 Yamaha Vino 125, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000 Goldwing, '77 Honda CB550K, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES, '68 Suzuki K11, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 03:49:18 am
Can limeys go as well.

I dont have a bike ,--I would have to rent a one way.

I know you can do this on a Harley!!  would that be cheating?

Ive never been to America,--do I need to get a gun? I could borrow my dads under and over.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 01:44:22 pm
Can limeys go as well.

I dont have a bike ,--I would have to rent a one way.

I know you can do this on a Harley!!  would that be cheating?

Ive never been to America,--do I need to get a gun? I could borrow my dads under and over.

Everyone is welcome, bike brands don't matter, check out http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,1286.0.html
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/buzz/2008/cmw_reunion.html
for more info.  No, you don't need a gun unless you plan to hunt.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 10:11:01 pm
Clamp, if you do make to America, and stay on 2-lane black top, you will meet people in smaller towns that are hard working and generally very kind (if you don't mock them).I think you will be fine without a gun.Most of us don't live or believe the Hollywood life style potraid on the movies.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 04:02:49 am
Oh Ok its sounds nice then. I am just making out my packing list.

I got some discount on some cowboy boots that I was told is imperative or they would spot me as a limey straight away, I have also been advised to get some spurs so they jingle a bit when I push open the little doors you have on all the bars and the piano player stops. You just gotta have jingly spurs at that point as you walk to the bar and say " a cup of tea please"   Then you spin around with the rain still dripping from the hat --black hat of course and scowel at everybody ,--then the piano player starts again and everybody is happy.

Its at that point that the local prostitute slides up and says wanna good time big boy?

Errrr m   I dont know what to say at that point,--thats when I would turn to you Enfied riders and say,-----  can I borrow 50 cents,--- for the tea!!!

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 07:24:39 am
Just come as you are.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 08:50:16 am
Oh Ok ,, actually im a bit scared of America, as I say Ive never been and I have heard that  I could drive down the wrong street in New york and end up in the Bronx where I may be approached by some big back men with cars that bounce up and down a lot.

Seriously I was going to go years ago but all they could offer me was fly drive. That meant they give me a car when I got there,---but--but I dont know where I am,-- I dont want to end up down that street where  the bouncy cars are.

I have no friends,--well not that can go off  to the USA on thier own ,--I mean without the trouble and strife,"  Ohhhh no I couldnt do that ,what would the wife say"   So I gotta go it alone.    How long does a gun license take these days.

I watched Crocodile Dundee in New york, he seemed to do ok and got a policeman to take him on his horse.   Oh Oh and look what happened to that Bradd pitt in Ghost.

Na Na--  maybe I should go to Wiomin where the Erps live and Buffalo bill,--I suppose he is dead now.

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 08:56:13 am
LOL!!

Get a big gun and you can go anywhere ya' want...

No, really, your British accent will charm the pants out of most folks and you can remind the others of whence they came. Only the Native Americans are native y'know, and even they wandered in over the Siberian land bridge ages ago.

I don't know much of M/C hire except that it can be 'spensive. Rent an Enterprise Mitsubishi Gallant* and come as you are. (*I rented one while on the east coast at Xmas and was impressed, speed, comfort and economy.)

Don't worry about the cost of gas. It's still cheaper here than there and your pound is worth nearly twice our dollar. Americans are just warming up (whining) to what the rest of the world pays...

If you really are worried about the Big Apple, don't go there! Keep your doors locked and your tank full.

Oh, and remember, we don't joust here, so we drive on the right.

-Jesse
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 01:15:58 am
Oh Ok ,, actually im a bit scared of America, as I say Ive never been and I have heard that  I could drive down the wrong street in New york and end up in the Bronx where I may be approached by some big back men with cars that bounce up and down a lot.

Clamp I don't understand your fear of men with big backs driving cars with faulty suspension systems.
 I do realize most of us should lose a few pounds . Most people drive newer cars that have good handling characteristics. ???