Author Topic: Covers  (Read 3549 times)

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
on: September 30, 2007, 11:30:55 pm
I'm looking for two covers:  For my Classic and one for my Cozy. Something of medium weight and somewhat fitted for general storage/transport. Would be nice if they could be folded up and placed in a storage compartment

Any ideas/recommendations/suggestions?
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 11:44:36 pm
I highly recommend the Covercraft XN103 for solo bikes. I use two of them during 3 out of 4 seasons. The outer one catches the wear and tear (and UV damage) while the inner one does the final job of protecting the bike. During the winter I throw on my *very* old XN103 as a third outer layer.

The covers fit very well: not so tight you have to fight them, but not so loose that they get caught in the wind.

My experience so far (and several years with Urals) is that they are just as well protected outdoors year-round under this type of system as they would be in a garage or shed that was not climate-controlled.

Not sure what to use for the SC, but in the Ural world we used large ATV covers to cover the entire rig.

Matt

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:35:20 am
Thanks for the response. Sounds like a thorough system. I suspect that CMW's has a cover system too. I just have not gotten that far into the catalog yet.
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry