Author Topic: 57 Indian Woodsman  (Read 12763 times)

snowdance38

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 02:30:09 pm
     I have got a CD of the original Shop Manual now..  And an Original copy of the Bullet 500 manual so have some good information now..  Both cover that year.. Things are looking up.. 

I did have some time to spend a few hours looking it over and doing a little work..  Found several problems with the Mag.  Did not pull it out yet but did clean up the points and grounding brush on the side..  It now has spark. That was the problem with the bike I was told..   But I did not have time to put fuel and see if it would fire up..  But did see I need to remove the fuel tank and fix the leak that is on the fuel valve..  Easy to see there is a leak at the threads to the tank..  But just to busy now.. Think I will also remove the side covers and look things over a reseal them..   

It also needs a clutch cable and a new lever would be nice..  So when I have some time I will check with our host and see if they have some thing that will fit and perhaps some gaskets and seals..  Can,t wait to get to work on it..    This from a guy that has been retired for years..  Guess  I must be doing some thing right.. Not having enough time beats the heck out of nothing to do..   ;)

Snowdance

snowdance38

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 02:35:11 pm
. Beno Rodi's dad worked a lot with these. You might check out his web site or call him for more information.

Kerby

Thanks a lot for the information.  I called and spent a long time talking to Beno,s dad.  Got lots of information and enjoyed the chat a lot.. Worth calling and just talking to..   Really did not want to end the call..

Snowdance