Author Topic: C5 Impressions and question about gas light.  (Read 8254 times)

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 05:02:31 pm
Rusty - yes, v interesting. I thought you had the E5 rather than C5 - was it the C5 you were talking about that had the wobble?

Yes it was, I pick my red one up tomorrow. I’ve read a couple of reviews which have been very favourable so find it hard to believe that there would be major handling issues (TL1000S?), it did surprise me a bit though.

My bike won’t be seeing those speeds for a while yet.

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 08:03:16 am
Rusty - yes, v interesting. I thought you had the E5 rather than C5 - was it the C5 you were talking about that had the wobble?

Yes it was, I pick my red one up tomorrow. I’ve read a couple of reviews which have been very favourable so find it hard to believe that there would be major handling issues (TL1000S?), it did surprise me a bit though.

My bike won’t be seeing those speeds for a while yet.

I really don't think there are any major handling issues as we are informed the bike has been well tested. I think some people have picked up on the US 'cycleworld' review done on the test track in India.
This is a very positive overall review, he does say quote:

"…the steering is very light, with a little more twitch than you would expect from this type of motorcycle. At parking lot speeds, minimal bar input and care with your actions give the best results. In the 20-50 mph range – prime cow dodging velocity – the bullet is light and agile feeling. Above 50 mph and when you are cornering hard, the bars shimmy slightly, but in its intended mode of use, this bike handles well.”

Read the full article at www.cycleworld.com
Cheers
Nick

JamesC5

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 12:46:06 pm
Another issue I've noticed, which happened twice today, was changing from 3rd to 4th. I make the change, it seems to be all cool then I'm putting revs on as if the gears didn't actually engage, but I'm sure they did when I gear changed. I then need to clutch in and re-engage the gear.

Maybe it's me getting used to the gears on the C5 but the others seem to go through without issue, is there a difference for 3-4?

Probably another dealer issue. My first service is I believe 500miles, or between 300-500 IIRC, so Im only about halfway there though.
2009 Royal Enfield Bullet Classic C5
1951 Royal Enfield RE2 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,4701.0.html
1989 XJ900 Custom Chopper