Author Topic: Red C5 in the Flesh  (Read 9126 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 01:58:48 pm
I can't decide which color I like best on the C5.
It seems to change with my mood.
At first, I liked the black best.
But then, I started leaning toward the red.
And then, the blue started growing on me.
And now, I just seem to like all of them, and I change my mind about which one I like best all the time.
Lately, I've been noticing how that blue really has that authentic 50s kind of color.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 02:09:43 pm
You are right about having a tough time picking a color, I really like the black but it's hard to keep clean and after 39 years of black bikes I'm ready for a change, The blue is a nice vintage color too, but something about that red really grabs me, I had a friend who rode a '54 BSA, it was a bit darker red but I always liked the color on his bike. I think they got all the colors right on the C5, you just have to decide which one makes you grin the most.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 02:15:23 pm
Yeah - I agree with the general concensus on colours - all three are excellent & look great close up.
The blue appealed when I first saw the brouchure pic - the black looks great on the road though - guess it would be the one to fool most onlookers/drive pasters about being a 'vintage' bike (if that's what you want!)

I'd like to see the blue outside rather than in a showroom before making a choice - still got to convince the misses as they are 'expensive' bikes over in UK  ;)
Cheers
Nick

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 02:32:05 pm
Check out the red color on this '58 Meteor.
It's virtually identical to the red color on the C5.

Home of the Fireball 535 !

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 02:45:05 pm
That's a great color, I never really thought I'd want a red bike untill I saw the C5.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association