Author Topic: When will we start to see C5's in the USA?  (Read 12825 times)

spliznat

• Scooter
on: April 22, 2009, 03:58:23 am
Just wondering what the time frame was for the C5's to arrive in the states? I know they said that the red will around after the turqoise and black but when will they even be avilable?
From Dream To Dream, We Have Always Been Like An Ever Flowing Stream

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 06:39:40 am
We have three containers that were built for us last week. There are 38 bikes in a container. We held them back for a couple of weeks because we had some new vendors coming on line (particularly tank and fender manufacturers) and some frame improvements (nicer looking welding) and we thought it would be best to incorporate these improvements. The bikes were fine without them, but these are good fit and finish improvements.
T hey are a mix of all three colors but slightly weighted toward Black and Red. The mix will even out over time. They are currently undergoing a stricter than usual PDI at the factory. I have no idea how long that will take, but don't want it hurried up, in fact quite the opposite. I am going to the factory in about 10 days and hope that the containers are at least packed up then. Rhett and I are playing with the idea of putting up a semi-real time map of where the bikes are. We are now checking with our shipping company to see how frequent we can get updates. So my best answer is....sometime if late spring or early summer, same answer as in the beginning.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

spliznat

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:42:30 am
Awesome..... I know you must get asked questions like that all the time ..... but i am like a kid in a candy store and its driving me nuts

Thanks kevin

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:07:37 pm
Kevin, I'm sure those of us who have already put money down on a C5
Would appreciate a semi real time map. It would make the terrible wait a bit better :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:11:12 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

spliznat

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 06:15:19 pm
Just a wee bit better....not much though

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:20:09 pm
Yeah, it's tough ain't it? So far I've been good and left the dealer alone instead of pestering him with phone calls ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 12:51:00 am
We have three containers that were built for us last week. There are 38 bikes in a container. We held them back for a couple of weeks because we had some new vendors coming on line (particularly tank and fender manufacturers) and some frame improvements (nicer looking welding) and we thought it would be best to incorporate these improvements. The bikes were fine without them, but these are good fit and finish improvements.
T hey are a mix of all three colors but slightly weighted toward Black and Red. The mix will even out over time. They are currently undergoing a stricter than usual PDI at the factory. I have no idea how long that will take, but don't want it hurried up, in fact quite the opposite. I am going to the factory in about 10 days and hope that the containers are at least packed up then. Rhett and I are playing with the idea of putting up a semi-real time map of where the bikes are. We are now checking with our shipping company to see how frequent we can get updates. So my best answer is....sometime if late spring or early summer, same answer as in the beginning.

You guys must be thrilled to see this so close to fruition!

My purchase is down the road, having to much fun tinkering with my "08 iron barrel, but I am looking forward to seeing one Live myself.

BigDon
REA #73
08 RE Classic, the last of the Iron Barrel Bikes.(FireBall!)
05 Suzuki DRZ 400, for haulin' xxx in the woods!
09 BMW R1200GSA for a change of pace!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 12:59:28 am
To tell the truth, I am thrilled. I've always dreamed of a classic single with all the modern improvements. I've ridden a lot of antiques and love them, but wearing out expensive hard to find parts was just hard for me to do. If I were to design a bike to fulfill all my riding fantasy's it would be the C5, and I can't wait to hit the wonderful roads of north west Arkansas on one. This bike is literally a dream coming true for me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:33:38 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 04:29:02 am
I will be spending a week riding in Arkansas in September. Maybe you will let me ride your C-5 when I am in the area!!!!

Yes? ;D
BigDon
REA #73
08 RE Classic, the last of the Iron Barrel Bikes.(FireBall!)
05 Suzuki DRZ 400, for haulin' xxx in the woods!
09 BMW R1200GSA for a change of pace!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 12:02:54 pm
Where you will you be in Arkansas? I just might let you take it for a spin.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:40:18 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:52:29 pm
We held them back for a couple of weeks because we had some new vendors coming on line (particularly tank and fender manufacturers) and some frame improvements (nicer looking welding) and we thought it would be best to incorporate these improvements. The bikes were fine without them, but these are good fit and finish improvements.

Looks like Kevin is looking after you guys over the pond.
Having looked at the the first C5 bikes imported to UK the frame welds & a few other minor details let them down slightly

It sounds like the US bikes should be worth the wait.  ;D

I know I've mentioned frame welds before (slightly anal!) - I recently checked out the new EFI Bonnie & they were of a very similar finish to the RE C5 & EFI Electras. The Bonnie frames are made over in Twaiwan  :)
Cheers
Nick

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 01:49:22 am
Hey Kevin, when you get to India will you pick out the best red C5 and put my name on it? ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:12:17 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 03:36:35 am

The Bonnie frames are made over in Twaiwan  :)
Sorry to hear it. Wish they were made in the good ole GB.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

spliznat

• Scooter
Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 03:28:18 am
I am getting anxious as ever waiting for my C5.......... are they hear yet? LOL

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 03:33:08 am
Try not to think about it, that's what I do.
It doesn't work.  :P
Iron Butt Association