Author Topic: Very intersted but questions  (Read 14307 times)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 12:56:19 pm
"What type of garb would you wear on this kind of bike?  What comes to mind is goggles, brown or black leather bomber jacket (depending on the bike color) and a long scarf!"

Belstaff Waxed Cotton (jacket and overtrousers and mitts!). Possibly full length gaberdine trench coat. Goggles - if you like. Bomber jacket - no, No, NO! Wrong period, wrong sub-culture. SHORT white silk scarf - if you like, but really only if a cafe racer model.

And if you want the true period appearance....smoking a pipe while you ride (that's why designed to go quite sedately!

I just wear my regular modern MC gear.

I did see a Bullet blasting down the interstate a few months ago: the rider was wearing trim black leather with a Euro-flair, goggles and a puddin' bowl helmet. Can't remember but it seems like lace-up black boots with pants tucked in and a scarf too. Very retro. It was the most Bullet-like attire I've seen.

Matt

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #31 on: October 06, 2007, 01:25:30 am
Our new catalog will have  a two new lines of "retro helmets" that are both DOT approved and reasonable in price as well as some retro- googles, Maybe boots and scarves are next.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: October 06, 2007, 05:48:12 am
Wow..  I look forward to seeing it.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

JLR

• Scooter
Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 11:27:06 pm
I ran across some lids and goggles while looking at Enfield inventory on this dealers page...

http://store.uncommonmotorcycles.com/davida-helmets.html

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #34 on: October 07, 2007, 02:33:25 am
I ran across some lids and goggles while looking at Enfield inventory on this dealers page...

http://store.uncommonmotorcycles.com/davida-helmets.html

JLR:

Thanks, I know just what to ask Santa for this year!

Matt

dunnwurkin

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 02:30:32 am
  Man!  I've been away from my "souped up typewriter" awhile and now I have some respondin' to do!  I've got a few more questions to throw at you all now.  Thanks for the response and I'll post soon. 

I've been putting a lot of hours in at the shop since the Detroit auto show is around the corner, January '08.  Around the corner is always a few months for this!
Owner, lead artist and production manager of MitchArt, Inc. Midland, MI.  We specialize in museum & trade show exhibits as well as carved, sandblasted, ADA signage and fleet graphics for our own clients as well as other sign & ad agencies locally and internationally.-

JLR

• Scooter
Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 04:58:59 am
Your welcome Thumper. I'm hoping Santa will bring me an Classic this year...I've been a fairly good boy! ;D