Author Topic: The EFI is now in the hands of a Brit!  (Read 25680 times)

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #60 on: May 25, 2009, 03:33:15 pm
I have serviced the bike myself,twice infact.believe me guys if I can do it,anybody can..

How did you get on with changing the oil filter with all the O rings washers and spring? Has the engine changed much after 3000 miles? I took my C5 in for its first service today and brought back the dealers demo G5 with 1500 miles on the speedo. It was a lot better in every way, quieter, more powerful and smoother (and I thought mine was good at 350 miles).

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #61 on: May 25, 2009, 03:39:32 pm
Rusty, what are your impressions after 350 miles?
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #62 on: May 25, 2009, 08:42:39 pm
Rusty, what are your impressions after 350 miles?

Very good impressions so far. I don't know whether the bike is good enough (in terms of build quality) to attract first time owners in the numbers that RE would like but I do enjoy the C5 riding experience. I have basic mechanical skills and spent a long time looking at the 2009 range so I knew what to expect and was happy to dust of the spanners. Owners of other brands will expect everything to be perfect from day one and it just isn't like that. Not a problem for me but it might be for a long term sales strategy.

Would I recommend a C5 to a non Enfield owner attracted to the styling? I doubt it, but to someone who doesn't mind working on a new bike, yes definitely. Worth every penny of the additional £500 over a G5 in my opinion.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #63 on: May 25, 2009, 08:53:04 pm
Sounds good to me.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association