Author Topic: Adding photo to a reply  (Read 8360 times)

LJRead

on: September 26, 2007, 07:55:26 pm
Hi,

Have had trouble adding a photo to a reply and see that others have had too.  What is the process?  Thanks,  Larry

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:43:24 pm
One simple way is to locate the photo on some other web site (I use Flickr), and embed the picture's link into the message, thus:

I use the image tag (the second icon in the second line in the editor, below the italics icon) and paste the link between the opening and closing tags.

Your mileage may vary.

The other way is to expand the advanced options, below the editing window, and attach an image to the message. I've never tried this before, and I don't see a button to complete the attachment, but I'm going to hit post and see if it shows up here:

[old attachment deleted by admin]
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

LJRead

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:19:27 pm
Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime later today and let you know.  I tried copy and paste earlier, but somehow the copy got lost in the shuffle.  Larry

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 03:56:15 am
I have tried about 50 times, from my own images and from a website.  Same result, I cannot paste the image.  I left click the "insert image" icon above, right click in between the two thingamebobs.  The paste option appears , within the options window, but is in a light color (blocked) and can't be selected . Help, I know I'm a cyber clutz, but this is driving me nuts!!

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:06:51 pm
I've never been able to figure out that Insert Image feature either.  Maybe Rhett can enlighten us.
I just use the attachment (click Additional Options below the replay box.  If you are trying to insert a picture from the web you would have to save it to your computer first.

I have tried about 50 times, from my own images and from a website.  Same result, I cannot paste the image.  I left click the "insert image" icon above, right click in between the two thingamebobs.  The paste option appears , within the options window, but is in a light color (blocked) and can't be selected . Help, I know I'm a cyber clutz, but this is driving me nuts!!

2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 01:21:07 pm
Try this experiment: pick a web-hosted picture, and paste the URL in to a message here on two separate lines, separated by a blank line (this way, I can see the link you're trying to enter, and the result of the tagging.)

Highlight the second of the URLs, and click the image button above (the second in the toolbar). The image tags should surround your URL, and when you preview, you should see your picture.

Here's an example of what it should look like when you're done:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2059/1578089323_db8b6ce82c.jpg

It should be just that simple.
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 02:00:59 pm
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 03:24:41 pm
See? Told ya!

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 03:25:52 pm
I still can't work out how to include an image saved on my computer, but here's an attempt at attaching one, here goes.....

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 07:07:49 pm
Well something worked - if that is the picture you wanted.. it worked fine. :)
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 01:02:58 am
Yep, that worked.  That's an MZ TS250/5 in all it's hideous glory!!  Still wish I could make the insert button work though,

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 01:16:57 am
Europe came out with some amazing machines with two wheels - the latest place to do so, is China - there are some really odd bikes coming out of the that county.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

LJRead

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 01:59:00 am
Well you guys have encouraged me to try.  Here is one of an old car at a show: