Author Topic: 1969 500cc Indian buillet in Mint Condition. What can I get on Ebay?  (Read 3963 times)

SteveRude

• Neophyte
I have a 1969 Enfield bullet which just came in from Delhi. It has been completely restored with original parts and is in mint condition. What could I expect to get on EBay for it?
Red and white paint, with separate driver passenger spring seats. The engine has been completely redone and tested for 100km. This bike really needs to be in a museum.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Not too sure what it might bring, because there is no such thing as a 1969 500cc Bullet.

If you post some pics, we may be able to tell you what parts got cobbled together to make whatever it is that you've got.
If it's like most of the other "1965-1973 500 Bullets from India", it's an old 350 frame, with a newer 500cc engine put into it, and spruced-up with new paint for grey-market importing purposes.
If you're really lucky, it's actually a new engine, and not one that was rebuilt in Delhi on a street corner with substandard engine parts, like most of the others that have been coming over here like that.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:25:58 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

pknopp

• Bulleteer
Ace has it pretty much covered. Not to be a downer but these seem to be a somewhat hard sell sometimes because of not really being able to tell what you are actually buying over the internet.

If it was done right, it would make someone a very fine bike.
2000 Dlx

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
you can get this type of bike shipped to the UK (from ebay) for under £2,000  and it would also come with a factory rebuilt engine at that price !
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:30:05 pm by longstrokeclassic »
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.