Author Topic: G5 SPOTTED IN ATLANTA, GA  (Read 8657 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 02:41:48 pm
"What happened to the black rubber noise damping things in the fins?"  Leonard

Brs. Leo and Ace, this bike was not fully prepped... the dealer had yet to go through the PDI... the guys at the shop simply wanted to put the G5 on the showroom floor.  These, in any case, are the facts I learned when I visited the store and talked to the guys last week. 

Thanks Papa Juan.

I think I might be inclined to pull them out anyway, if I owned a UCE.
I think the engine looks better without them, and I don't care about what the noise level meter says. I"m not the EPA.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 02:42:28 pm
What happened to the black rubber noise damping things in the fins?

Apparently somebody pulled them out.
I think it won't make a very noticeable difference to the sound, but I could be wrong.
I had them on another bike I used to own, and I couldn't tell the difference with them on or off.

Oh - You'll notice a difference with these gone all right!! Hahaha!! It's not a bad noise - it's just a little racket .... you know ..... "tink-tink-tink-tink-tink" - like an Enfield should be, The Factory boys just got obsessed about harmonic noises and added these so the new engine would be DEAD quiet .... and with the little rubber biscuits in place, it is!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 02:51:14 pm
The noise dampers from the factory look terrible. However, if removed, can be replaced with old fuel line (rubber/cord type) and tucked into the fins where they are unobtrusive looking.

I tried some on my AVL, in addition to the factory dampers, but the additional damping didn't change the sound. But replacing the new factory dampers as stated should keep the sound about the same without the bad looks.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 03:11:57 pm
Brs. Ace and Scoot, I fully agree with the plan to strip out the strips irrespective of the engine noises!  Anyway, I have difficulty seeing out of my right ear and hearing out of my right eye!!!   :D :D :D 

And, Br. Scoot, you are so right: "The Factory boys just got obsessed about harmonic noises and added these so the new engine would be DEAD quiet .... and with the little rubber biscuits in place, it is!"  The G5 Richard Evans gave me the privilege to ride was:  "DEAD quiet."

P.S.  All eyes and ears kidding aside, I am going to be scheduling my Hi-Beams for an upgrade to LEDs in the very near future.  This procedure might improve my ears but no telling what it will do for my cataractic eyes!!!   :D :D :D
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 04:20:47 pm
What happened to the black rubber noise damping things in the fins?
As previously posted -.Only on the G5 DL (in the UK that is)