Author Topic: EFI on youtube  (Read 8384 times)

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 01:57:38 pm
I'm not too keen on the mechanicale noises either. A nice exhaust tone is the order of the day for me.Sitting astride the machine whilst riding it does at times sound very mechanical, but if I could jump off, and listen to the pipe notes at the rear, I would be very happy.
Regards

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 03:44:33 pm
From the For What It's Worth Department:

To listen to how the engine sounds with the rubber strips go back to page 1 (second posting) and click on link 2 OF 2.  I do not think those are loud, metallic sounds at all.  As you know, I briefly road tested a G5 (see The First Time thread) that had the strips around the fins.  The LIVE sounds from that UCE were musical; that engine that I personally heard -- with my ears a mere foot or so away -- was even quieter than the one on link 2 OF 2.  All this said, I acknowledge that I do not know how the UCE sounds without the sound deadening strips.  That's all folks!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 09:11:45 pm
I'm not too keen on the mechanicale noises either. A nice exhaust tone is the order of the day for me.Sitting astride the machine whilst riding it does at times sound very mechanical, but if I could jump off, and listen to the pipe notes at the rear, I would be very happy.
Regards

Martyn, I'm sure it won't be too long before they come up with an exhaust mod (incl cat) for the EFI to make it load enough to cover those other noises!
Cheers
Nick