Author Topic: EFI on youtube  (Read 8315 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
on: March 20, 2009, 01:49:40 am
I found a couple video's on Youtube showing the new engine running, video quality isn't the best but you can get an idea of how they sound. Look for Royal Enfield EFI.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 02:07:34 am
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 03:44:17 am
The more I see the G5 Deluxe, the more I like it better than the C5
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 03:55:44 am
"The more I see the G5 Deluxe, the more I like it better than the C5"  BRW

Brother Blue, after getting up close and personal with it last week, I can assure you of the fact that the G5 -- in British Post (Office) Red and chrome  -- is a gorgeous bike!

Papa Juan

deejay

Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 01:09:41 am
What are those black vertical strap looking things on the head and barrel? There's a few of them.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 01:12:46 am
Brother Deejay, those a sound deadening rubber strips.

Papa Juan

deejay

Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 01:47:57 am
Brother Deejay, those a sound deadening rubber strips.

For real? Can't imagine they do much. Hope you can remove them.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 02:06:34 am
For real, Deejay!  And, unless those that have more seat time than I have on the G5 say it ain't so, I suspect they can be safely removed  Brothers Vince, Scoot, 120, Mark, Martyn what say you?

Papa Juan

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 04:45:03 am
I'm pretty sure those strips are there to keep down vibrations from the fins, that's how they reduce noise.  Other brands have used rubber inserts between each fin, that don't show as much.  They aren't too pretty are they ?

Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 03:39:12 pm
They are for sound deadening. If removed there is no downside other than extra noise. I am surprised that we haven't seen it done yet, It is only a matter of time before we or seomeone else develops rubber inserts that will slip between the fins and not be so visually offensive.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 06:15:51 pm
I'm betting that an enterprising RE owner could make some that would fit in between the finning, or maybe buy some that are used in other brands, which have been around for years.
Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 09:20:59 pm
When I get my C5 those strips will be removed as fast as possible. I like the sounds a 500 single makes, some people say they don't but I don't believe them ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 10:21:49 pm
They are for sound deadening. If removed there is no downside other than extra noise. I am surprised that we haven't seen it done yet.

Confession time Kevin,
At the training class Sarv pulled them out of your bike so we could hear the difference. The fins rang kinda like an old telephone ringing 50 yds away without em. When put back in you tell the difference in the sound.
Ha, bet you thought all I was doing out back was smoking eh?
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 10:27:10 am
For real, Deejay!  And, unless those that have more seat time than I have on the G5 say it ain't so, I suspect they can be safely removed  Brothers Vince, Scoot, 120, Mark, Martyn what say you?
Yes- like I was told by RE at the NEC (Birmingahm) they are to improve the "sound effect" I havent tried to remove them on mine, but they do move slightly if you give them a tug.
The RE brochure's (UK), funy enough, do not show these stripes, apart from images on the net of the G5 (DL).
I dont dislike these strips -it goes with the barrel blacking on the DL, but there are no stripes however on the C5 brochure, but does have barrel blacking!!
(Barrel blacking seems to be on DL and C5 only over here)
This was one of my reasons for buying the DL as opposed to the C5. You are nearly getting a C5 for less money plus a kick start
Regards

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 12:46:21 pm
One of the things about sounds that I don't like from engines and any kind of machine is "mechanical" sounds; tappets, valves, fin ringing, you name it.  I love the sound of a nice exhaust, and even undampened intake air sound.

But beyond that, I know what's going on inside the engine, what's rotating and what's reciprocating, and I just don't want to hear that stuff.

Some people like it, I don't. That's one reason I like water cooling, it quiets a lot of that, but engines cover design and smart engineering can get rid of a lot of noise, also.

That's one reason that a long time ago, when Harley Davidsons were considered to be technologically advanced, it was partly because they were very quiet, and were often referred to as "silent grey fellows". This applied to exhaust systems, to a great extent,  but a lack of engine noise has always been, and often rightly so, associated with advanced design and manufacturing quality.

I had a Honda CB450 in 1971, and even though that was 38 years ago, and it had dohc and was air cooled, it had very little mechanical noise.  About like a sewing machine. If you wanted it loud, put on some loud exhausts. Plus it would spank a Bonnie.

Just my opinion.
Dave