Author Topic: Canadian Royal enfield  (Read 4466 times)

Pat

• Scooter
on: March 18, 2009, 02:02:49 am
When will Royal Enfield sell bikes in Canada ??? why will they not sell them here ???
I own a 1967 Enfield and its the coolest bike I ever owned there is only 5 or 6 in the whole province. But they cant be bought new :( I cannot figure out why.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:29:32 am
Its a Canadian mystery .
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

deejay

Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 01:36:02 pm
They were imported in the mid 90s for a year or 2. There is currently no importer for Canada.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 05:31:06 pm
That was talked about a couple months ago.  The gist of it is, a couple of politicians wnat a bigger bribe than RE is willing to pay.  That's what I got out of it, anyway.

Hey- they just stopped selling small dirt bikes here because "they're" afraid small kids will try to eat the bikes and get lead poisoning.  No kidding.
Run what ya brung

Gunga Din

• Northern Bullet
  • Scooter
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:26:24 am
Hi guys. We just had our club swap meet today for the local chapter of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group and there was a vendor who sells mostly British bike parts and accessories for British choppers and bobbers there. He claims he is taking Royal Enfield pre-orders for spring of 2010 delivery. I just checked the Canada Customs website and according to them as of August 14th of this year the Enfields are still not allowed to be imported into Canada. I can't imagine how these guys have managed to get around the regulations. I will keep an eye on them and see if this is legitimate or not. 

Gunga Din

• Northern Bullet
  • Scooter
Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 10:29:23 pm
As promised, I have been watching to see if this company really gets established as a Royal Enfield dealer. They have not. Instead there is now a beautiful new dealership almost completely built by an unrelated person who has the knowledge and over 25 years experience of running a retail motorcycle shop. I saw the new Royal Enfields yesterday in his showroom. They are beautiful! I haven't seen new ones in this country since 1994 when I bought mine new from the dealer. I rode up on my Enfield and was welcomed by the owner and treated to a tour of the shop with a good selection of  2010 model Royal Enfields. What a treat it was to see how much nicer and better built the new ones are compared to mine! Some of them already had sold signs on them. I was so impressed with them I'm getting a new one this summer to ride and keeping my 94 to continue playing with!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 11:45:46 pm
G.D. this is great news!!!!!!

I will now face in direction of the Labbat's brewery and sing Oh Canada to celebrate your good fortune.

Its about damn time you guys were let in on the fun  :D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 04:51:51 am
Maybe that guy that writes the manuals will get one.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 04:45:44 pm
Maybe that guy that writes the manuals will get one.

Naww....   why would he do that when he can just build one?
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill