Author Topic: May have been asked before (clubman)...  (Read 4728 times)

highwayhigh

• Scooter
on: March 08, 2009, 12:49:54 pm
Greetings all! This is my first post. I have been infatuated with the royal enfield for some months now, ever since a biker friend of mine told me about them. I love the whole vintage look. Everything about it screams classy.

Anyways, here is my question. I have recently come across pictures of the Electra Clubman:
http://www.brmc.co.uk/eficlubman.jpg

What would it take to make an American RE look like a clubman? I've done some bit of research but turned up little. I've noticed that Hitchcock RE sells a clubman tank and seat. With other small modifications would that get me somewhere close? Or is there some major road block I am unaware of?

I am deploying to Afghanistan soon and will hopefully come home with some money saved up, and the goal is to by a Bullet. While I would absolutely LOVE to get a Clubman replica, although even the classic would be amazing if I can't do the former.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:29:22 pm
Welcome,
The clubman is not an actual model. It is a kit offered by Hitchcock's.
CMW might sell something similar to it and if they don't they can get the stuff for you from Hitchcock's as they get regular delivery's from them.
Basically you buy the model of your choice and turn it into whatever you want.
Kinda like a kit.
My suggestion would be to buy the bike of your choice, break it in and then go to work on it turning it in to whatever you want.
Who knows, you might like it just as it is.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

highwayhigh

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 01:38:01 pm
I appreciate your help. I had no idea that the clubman was simply a kit offered by Hitchcock.

While my first priority is to get a bullet, my long-term goals are to convert it to a clubman. I did not see the kit offered anywhere by CMW or Hitchcock. The cafe and continental kits are not really what I'm looking for. I also wanted to make sure when it comes time to buy, I am buying the most practical model to convert for the Clubman.

I just wanted to make sure that my aspirations for a Clubman (eventually) were not completely unrealistic. I just wasn't too sure. And the information available on the internet can be fuzzy at best sometimes.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 03:30:26 pm
Highwayhigh, you might be interested in the Watsonian Bullet Clubman here is the link: www.royal-enfield.com/clubman.html
This G-5 has a new tank, bars, exhaust, seat and rearsets. I  read somewhere the kit was £1200 and £1500 with a new set of Dunlop K81's. This price could be the price of kit and installation from Watsonian's on a new G-5. If you are interested I would contact them and find out for sure. You could probably purchase this kit from them.

Blltrdr
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:23:55 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 03:49:58 pm
BRMC and Watsonian are the same.

That photo is the same bike as Blltrider posted the link to.
It's a Watsonian conversion kit, on a G5 UCE platform.
I think you can order the parts from Watsonian, to do it on a G5 here in the states, if you want to do that.
This stuff isn't inexpensive, but if you want it, then that's what it will take to get it.
All the good quality aftermarket parts cost a good bit, from any vendor.
But, you get nice product for your money.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 04:20:22 pm
Thanks for the link, that's a nice clubman.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

highwayhigh

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:46:47 am
Fantastic! I appreciate the help guys. When it comes time to purchase (possibly a year from now), I now have all the information I need.

I really had no idea it was an aftermarket kit. I thought it was a RE-produced, UK-only model. Now I know!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 11:24:19 am
I'll be waiting for pictures when you get it, and Thanks for your service, I'm proud of you.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association