Author Topic: The first time  (Read 29977 times)

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
on: March 06, 2009, 11:22:50 pm
     The first EFI unit is coming out of the crate right now. What a great job of melding the old with the new.  Test ride and more impressions coming in about  6 shop hours.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:34:54 pm
Please let us know how it goes.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

prof_stack

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:00:13 am
Vince, are you talking to me?   :D

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 05:01:01 pm
     Maybe. Are you listening? It will be fully serviced and running this afternoon....

prof_stack

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 06:00:15 pm
     Maybe. Are you listening? It will be fully serviced and running this afternoon....
Great!  But why is it snowing in Seattle today? 

Is the G5 frame the same as the Electra?  Will accessories for the Electra fit on the G5?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 06:21:05 pm
     The first EFI unit is coming out of the crate right now. What a great job of melding the old with the new.  Test ride and more impressions coming in about  6 shop hours.

Six shop hours, he says .... That warms my heart!! This one will be set up RIGHT, boys ... Better line up for it soon! Thanks, Vince!! Way to GO!  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 08:27:31 pm
     IT LIVES!!!! Had it running on the bench. SWEET! For those of you who doubted, it IS a Royal Enfield. The feel would be familiar to all of you. As for the sound: It's quiet, but it sounds like an exceptionally well tuned Enfield. Throttle response is crisp.
     Just as I was ready to ride it started hailing, then sleeting. SIGH! I'll post test ride results ASAP, but it might be next week if the weather does not cooperate.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:34:12 pm
Sounds great so far!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Monty

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 09:16:33 pm
I stopped by Vince's just after the guys got it put together.  I looks real sweet.  Did not get a chance to hear it running, bummer.  I agree with Vince they did a great job of melting the old with the new. 

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 09:58:46 pm
     Short ride between storms!  WOW!!! This has POWER and tremendous throttle response. Acceleration was awesome. The engine was smooth. It felt race prepped, yet it felt like an Enfield.
     I have some riding to do!!!!!!!

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 12:20:51 am
Sounds like Vince might be keeping #1 for himself.
My thoughts the first time on one pretty well paralleled Vince's.
Felt just like my old iron barrel after the first few thousand dollars of improvements were made. LOL

1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 04:38:06 pm
     Exactly right. , t120. What a great job they did. It has all the thousands of $ improvements in a factory package. Taking that into consideration it is a real deal.
     As for keeping the first one.... Part of my (pleasurable) duties as a dealer is to ride my products. I must become familiar with them. I must shake them down for issues prior to sale. And in the case of the RE I must put some miles on each unit as part of the factory directed quality control. I often have to put miles on customer bikes to test jetting changes or other modifications or issues. So I get lots of ride time on a wide variety of bikes.from dirt to cruiser to tour to sport.
     I really haven't felt the need to buy very many bikes for a long time. I already get to ride all I want. That's what I get for having my own store. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. It's my cross to bear.
     I do really love the RE. If I didn't have the store this IS the bike I would buy. Out of all the bikes I have ridden this is hands down the most fun.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 05:33:53 pm
Dang it Vince, you're really making me want one of these!  Don't let my '06 Deluxe hear me saying that, it might get jealous!

Eamon
Eamon

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 05:52:27 pm
I agree, I can't wait for a red C5 to be sitting in my garage.
Iron Butt Association

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 07:14:31 pm
It is a particularily beautiful shade of Red and White, it may be the way I go as well.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com