Author Topic: Spoke to two dealers about C5  (Read 13860 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
on: February 22, 2009, 11:40:39 pm
I called my two closest dealers yesterday, they both said they had no idea when the C5 would be available, and also said they wouldn't order any until remaining stocks of old bikes were sold. So I'll have to special order one if I want to see one in the flesh. Any one want a good buy on a Bonneville black?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:43:16 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:28 am
A word to the wise, if they told you that they didn't have any idea when they were coming there is a good chance that they have also not yet gone through training. The G-5 and C-5 will not be avaiiiilable to any dealers who have not been trained. If you want to send me a private message with their dealer names I will let you know.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:50:39 am
Thanks Kevin, I'm excited about this bike and can't wait to throw a leg over one.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:17:09 pm
Kevin, If the C5 won't be available to all dealers, what kind of ordeal will it be for me to find one when I get ready to buy? ???
Iron Butt Association

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 03:34:10 am
The UCE bikes (E-5, G-5 and C-5) will be available to any dealer that wants to sell them and completes training on the new bikes.We would like to think that all of our dealers would make that commitment.
  These bikes are 'deal changers" for Royal Enfield as a company and for Classic Motorworks. I am adamant that dealers need to fully understand and be able to properly prepare and support these new bikes. Most dealers welcome the opportunity for this type of thorough training and they have the same goals as we do.
  I would ask your dealer straight out what their plans are. If they do not want to sell these new bikes, there are plenty of dealers who have been trained and made the commitment to the product.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 03:38:40 am
Thanks, I'll call the dealers and find out if they plan to get the proper training.
Iron Butt Association

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 06:56:51 am
somewhat related: the Motorcycle Warehouse in NJ told me they won't be getting the bikes in until FALL of this year due to some unspecified federal standard that had yet to be met. i called both the brand store in the Twin Cities and UK Motorsports in Long Island, and they both told me that the G5 will be in by early April. i haven't yet called Classic Motorworks yet, but plan on it Thursday. do you know what's up with this? are there some hurdles for the state of New Jersey that have yet to be jumped? i know they have plenty...

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 01:17:13 am
Is there a way to find out who is the closest dealer to me, that has had training on the UCE?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 01:18:50 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

Archersix

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 02:27:55 pm
Kevin,
Maybe you could list on the dealer page those dealers who have completed the training? I know you don't want troubles with those who haven't/won't do the training. However, it's already hard enough for some of us who live far away from ANY dealers, that would make it easier to shop for the bikes.

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 10:58:16 pm
Well, who's fault is it if any dealer doesn't want to stand behind the product?  I agree, a list of qualified dealers would be most welcomed by prospective EFI buyers.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 01:56:56 am
 I'll buy the first one I find within a reasonable distance.
Iron Butt Association

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 03:08:40 am
We have planned to do this, I suggest that you write to our resident web nurd Rhett and ask him to get on the stick.
rw@classicmotorworks.com
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

whitey

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 01:28:15 pm
Both Gene and I attended the training and cannot wait to be involved with such a wonderful achievement by the company..

We are fully commited to the UCE and will be stocking new models asap.

I contacted some friends in the UK and the feedback for the UCE is very positive.

Congratulations to all who took this from conception to completion.

Personally .....I want one too... ;D

Paul White

Holopaw Fl

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 03:46:29 pm
Paul;

Sounds like you are a RE dealer.  If so, where are you and what is your contact info?

Both Gene and I attended the training and cannot wait to be involved with such a wonderful achievement by the company..

I contacted some friends in the UK and the feedback for the UCE is very positive.

Paul White

Holopaw Fl

Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 08:26:30 pm

Paul White

Holopaw Fl

So Paul,  when should I plan my trip to Holopaw?

Dave,
Here is a link to to what I believe is his shop..=======> Linky<======    It might take a few seconds to load up.

I think that is him mowing the lawn....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:32:14 pm by The Garbone »
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *