Author Topic: C5 Specs  (Read 7368 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
on: February 16, 2009, 10:07:35 pm
I'm trying to find the seat height on the C5 with no luck, anyone know what it is?
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Bullet Bill

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 12:32:26 am
totalmotorcycle.com has it down as 30 inches.  Makes sense to me, since that's consistent with the current crop of bikes.  They might be off by a bit since the factory seat is a springer, but it hardly matters.  If you can get your leg over a current generation Enfield, the newer ones should be no problem.
There's something that doesn't make sense... let's go and poke it with a stick.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 12:51:17 am
That sounds good to me, about the same as my Bonnie.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:23:04 pm
Hi
Don't want to quibble about a few old inches ,but my brochure (UK) says seat height is 790 mm which in old money is 31.1in.(don't forgett this model has smaller wheels than than the G5.)
Regards
Martyn

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:35:01 pm
Hi
Don't want to quibble about a few old inches ,but my brochure (UK) says seat height is 790 mm which in old money is 31.1in.(don't forgett this model has smaller wheels than than the G5.)
Regards
Martyn
Yes Martyn -
790mm works out at 2' 7" in old money - for the C5
The G5 is listed as 820 mm which is about 2' 8"
The trial variant is 800mm & the clubmen 790mm
Cheers
Nick

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:36:12 pm
Thanks for the info, an inch or two is important to my short legs :D
Iron Butt Association

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:36:15 pm
Thanks for the info, an inch or two is important to my short legs :D

I also have short legs, however, I've sat on bikes with a 31' to 32' saddle height and still both my feet flat on the ground. The trick is if the manufacturer has built a seat that in the front narrows on the sides in the proper place, then touching the ground is easier than one with a straighter seat.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 01:36:38 am
"I also have short legs, however, I've sat on bikes with a 31' to 32' saddle height and still both my feet flat on the ground. The trick is if the manufacturer has built a seat that in the front narrows on the sides in the proper place, then touching the ground is easier than one with a straighter seat."  PhilJ

Amen, Brother Phil... and, judging by the pictures of the seat's configuration, the seat height on the C5 should not be a problem for the 30" inseamers like me!    ;)
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 08:04:37 am
I'm about 6' but have had a number of hip & leg ops over the last few yers - my problem is "getting me leag over ;)" - I have no chance of getting on a bike with a top box fitted as I have to use 'a slide over from the back' type technique. Even the sissy bar on the current model causes me probems  >:(
The C5 type or anyting with a single seat is just much easy for me when it somes to getting on or off - the other option is to carry a set of steps along with me or find a high curb!  :-[
Cheers
Nick

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:59 pm
I have a hip and knee that are worn out from years of kickstarting motorcycles, and a 30'' inseam. I can understand what you mean about getting on a bike. I gave up top boxes and sissybars years ago, I'm looking for a lighter weight bike with a fairly low seat these days.
Iron Butt Association

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 01:59:32 pm
I also have a 30" inseam.

And I like to be able to put my foot down easily at a stoplight.

I have sat on some of the popular modern bikes, and they are so tall that I can't feel comfortable on them.

I agree that a narrow-profile seat can really help.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 08:12:26 pm
I was at a large m/c store a while back trying out 650 dual sports, and with all of them I was tippy toe at best. I'm 5' 10''.

I worked in Japan a few years back and noticed that in a crowd I was about a head taller than most. I wonder if the 650 bike frames  are lower there, anyone know ?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:05:03 pm by holodeck »

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 01:46:06 am
I've just found a solo seat lowering kit in the parts and accessories catalog, I'll need one of those.
Iron Butt Association