Author Topic: Electra frame for the G5?  (Read 11245 times)

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 08:51:35 pm
Okay then, new question:  What is the C-5 frame going to be like?  Is that also an Electra frame, only further modified even than the G-5?  Is it all new?  Will there be panniers/saddlebags available for it soon?

That's a really good question, cause the Electra frame is kinda.... well, "ugly" over the rear wheel, without the standard seat, but the C5 doesn't appear to be that way.  Maybe the C5 is a "classic" frame, or an Electra frame with a different rear 1/4?
Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 06:53:05 am
That's a really good question, cause the Electra frame is kinda.... well, "ugly" over the rear wheel, without the standard seat, but the C5 doesn't appear to be that way.  Maybe the C5 is a "classic" frame, or an Electra frame with a different rear 1/4?
the C5 frame is an all new one, that much i remember. i just don't savor the idea of getting brackets for the saddlebags, so now i have to look deeper into my options...

fun2drum

• FUN 2 DRUM
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 12:59:31 pm
My Electra has saddlebags and I didn't use any support brackets.  No problem with the bags getting into the wheel because the rear shocks are there.   
The Family Fleet:
2008 Royal Enfield Electra
2002 Buell Blast
1973 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Convertible
...and a couple of boring and more practicle family vehicles that I won't mention here.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 01:43:41 am
Let me confuse you further, then I say that the G-5 is an Electra frame, what I mean to say is that for all intents and purposes it is an Electra frame. For example, while we were fitting up an alternative exhaust we noticed that a tab that we used to use was no longer there. No big deal, but these are the type of changes we will find. Solo seats fit well, saddle bags etc.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 02:48:35 am
So it sounds like an alternative exhaust will be available on the G-5? the bike would definitely look a lot better with a shorty or classic style silencer.  Any other types going to be available for the c-5 too, other than the upswept one.
  Also, will we be able to junk the cat for a less restrictive and "roartier" (did I just make up a new word?) exhust system.  Seems like a relatively easy way to release a few more horses and bring the bikes up to a not unreasonable 30 something hp?
  Also strikes me that would make 70mph cruising much more attainable, with suitable gearing, of course.
  Spill the beans Kevin, can it be done?

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 02:52:56 am
This is America - we can do anything
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 05:43:32 am
Since there's no 6 speed tranny, how about a lower gear set for the first three gears, kinda like the trails set with the lower 1st and 2nd,for the four speed trannys, so we could lower the first three, then put taller final gearing on it, which would put the first three right back where they were, and have a taller fourth and fifth for the highway.

Or maybe different primary gears to make the overall ratio overall taller that way instead of with the final drive?
Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."