Author Topic: Deluxe tank on C-5  (Read 5828 times)

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
on: January 31, 2009, 04:31:42 pm
I'm wondering, if the tank off the G5 Deluxe (E5?) will fit the C5 Classic?  I think the Chrome/Black tank , on a black c5 would look much better than the stock black/white tank.
  Alternatively, I guess you could fit a solo seat to the g5, giving a more classic look and have a kick start too.  I really think R.E. have dropped the ball with no k/start on the c5.

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:58:59 pm
The g5 also has 19" wheels, right?

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:01:44 pm
Correct.
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Frenchy

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 09:12:47 pm
I'm wondering, if the tank off the G5 Deluxe (E5?) will fit the C5 Classic?  I think the Chrome/Black tank , on a black c5 would look much better than the stock black/white tank.
  Alternatively, I guess you could fit a solo seat to the g5, giving a more classic look and have a kick start too.  I really think R.E. have dropped the ball with no k/start on the c5.

Well I'm sure some feel a slight betrayal, but my arthritic knee won't miss it. ;)
'On this world beneath the moon,
When Mercury is in the ascendant,
The isle of Scotland will produce a leader,
Who will cause the English discomfort.'

Nostradamus (Verse 93)

flintweld

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 09:23:18 pm
  And they're so darn cool !!   K.S. or not
  I gotta have one !!

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 01:57:16 am
I took the KS lever clean off of my Electra.  If someone wants it, let me know.  There must be someplace to glue it on.
Run what ya brung

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 03:26:40 am
If you take the lever off, keep it in  your saddle bag. Never know when you might need it.

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 08:13:31 am
i'm leaning heavily for the G5 at this point. i love the chrome tank and the kickstart, but i'll be test riding both the G5 and C5 just to be sure.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 08:22:11 am

If the kickstart is a deal breaker for you, I'd say go ahead and get a G5 Deluxe.  You could probably add a solo seat and saddlebags and still come out spending less that the C5 would cost you.

Eamon
Eamon

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 12:51:28 pm
And they're so darn cool !!   K.S. or not
  I gotta have one !!  flintweld   

Brother Flint, I'm right there with you!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 02:42:41 am
i'm leaning heavily for the G5 at this point. i love the chrome tank and the kickstart, but i'll be test riding both the G5 and C5 just to be sure.
[/quote
You are lucky.  My nearest R.E.dealer is 179 miles away,but doesn't actually keep any in stock.
  I would love to see and better still, test ride the new bikes, but it seems my nearest STOCKIST is some 400 or so miles away.
  Also a bit worrying being so far from a dealer if any warranty issues occur. Bit tricky possibly.

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 03:45:01 am
You are lucky.  My nearest R.E.dealer is 179 miles away,but doesn't actually keep any in stock.
  I would love to see and better still, test ride the new bikes, but it seems my nearest STOCKIST is some 400 or so miles away.
  Also a bit worrying being so far from a dealer if any warranty issues occur. Bit tricky possibly.
well, the beauty of REs is that they're so self serviceable that factory warranty can be taken care of online with an easy replacement part for the most part, though to be honest, i'm not sure if the local store in NJ keeps bikes in stock. i'll at the very least request that they get a G5 deluxe black and C5 Black in stock if they intend to do business with me. hopefully my dad will get his motorcycle endorsement (he wants a Piaggio off of the MP3 line) so he can test the other and see what he thinks.