Author Topic: A quickie introduction  (Read 3344 times)

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
on: January 28, 2009, 01:35:01 am
I'm happy to report that I love my '08 Classic final edition. I got it in December and just couldn't be happier with the choice to go RE. I looked high and low and labored long over the decision before adding this second bike. I picked it because of the uniqueness, the legacy of the company and the simplicity of the machine. I never thought that it would be so difficult to get through my hometown of 6,000 without somebody stopping to ask about or comment on the bike. I mean people you wouldn't imagine having an interest in bikes.

Anyway, I've already benefitted from many comments on this forum so "Thanks" to everyone. A big thanks to Pat and everyone at LA Motorsports, my RE dealer, in Summersville, SC
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:05:53 am
rideOn, I welcome you and your Classic Final Edition Lady -- an absolutely beautiful choice! 
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

deejay

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:38:31 am
nice choice, just in time! welcome

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:59:13 am
Quote from: rideOn
I never thought that it would be so difficult to get through my hometown of 6,000 without somebody stopping to ask about or comment on the bike. I mean people you wouldn't imagine having an interest in bikes.

I know what you mean. I live in a town of 5,000 and I can't go anywhere without answering the same seventeen questions every time I stop somewhere.

I came out of the post office once to find a lady taking pictures of it.

Welcome aboard.

I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 06:01:58 am
I was eating in a sandwich shop this summer, sitting by a window to watch my RE and traffic, I was amazed at the cars that would slow down to get a look. Not the same with the H-D folks ( unless its early 80's on down)

A fewdays ago had a break in weather , went for a quick ride , 2 cars almost got in a wreck from eyeballing me too much. 
Fun bike.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:39:49 pm
RideOn -

Congrats...

I lived in Summerville from '86-'92... matter of fact, I lived just about across the street from where LA Motorsports is (in the Irongate subdivision).  Wish they were there when I was - I'd have been a Bulleteer much longer!

Lots of fantastic two-laners around the Flowertown in the Pines... we have flowers and pines here, too, and they're freakin' frozen!

Happy thumpin'

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 09:17:06 pm
RideOn: May you have many happy bug free miles  ;)

Mike/Stumpy: I'll be happy to send warm weather your way as soon as the Folk in the People's Republic of Minnesota stop sending their negative temps to NW WI  8)
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 03:28:30 am
VMAX -

My Big Sis lives in St. Paul... She's looking for "the promise of global warming" this year...

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan - the Big Lake keeps us warm(er) until IT freezes over... ;D
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

calman28556

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 04:19:36 am
Welcome to the RE World!  Like all RE rides, I get all kinds of questions about my Bullet - especially since I have a sidecar.

Keep it between the ditches, the wind in your face, and  the bugs out of your teeth,

On the Road - Again. And Again, And Again.

500KsGerry

• Grand Gearhead
  • Remember when decency wasn't a option?
Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 10:39:38 pm
New to the  forum also.  Big congrats on the new  RE !
Modified 2001 Royal Enfield bullet 500

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 08:37:27 pm
Summerville is a cool town. You would never know there's a housing crunch on right now-alot is going on there.
RideOn -

Congrats...

I lived in Summerville from '86-'92... matter of fact, I lived just about across the street from where LA Motorsports is (in the Irongate subdivision).  Wish they were there when I was - I'd have been a Bulleteer much longer!

Lots of fantastic two-laners around the Flowertown in the Pines... we have flowers and pines here, too, and they're freakin' frozen!

Happy thumpin'

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
[/quote]
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 10:03:19 pm
Welcome to the wild and wacky world of Royal Enfield Bullets!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Phlakaton

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 11:01:15 pm
I think I've been asked if I restored my 08 Bullet myself about 20 times since Oct last year.  I want to lie and say hell ya!  Isnt it awesome!   I cant though... and some people dont believe its new!  ha.
'08 Bullet 500 Iron ES