Author Topic: Delay Time  (Read 4021 times)

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
on: September 08, 2007, 11:51:23 pm
I have quickly learned that if I plan to stop anywhere before I reach my original destination, I had better factor in Delay Time (DT). IndianaBulleteer warned me of this and I can tell you it is a fact! I stopped at a local auto repair shop and an older gent came out, looked at my hack, and said "Royal Enfield? (As you know RE is in gold all over the bike) I had one back in the early 70's. This one looks like early 50s?" I told him my rig was a 05 modeled on a 1955 style. He couldn't believe it. 8)
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

willbarter

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 03:00:18 am
I know what you mean. I fill up a 5 gallon gas can when I put gas in the car otherwise it takes half an hour to top off. When I am not in a hurry its fun, kids are attracted to the rocket sidecar and a few times they hop in the car at the gas station while the parents take pictures. These days I'm running in a new right knee replacement and the bike is easier to operate than a car. Using the gas can allot with physical therapy appointments and such.  Meeting lots of former British bike riderswhile enjoying the summer off from work, maybe even a lead on a Triumph 500 basket case for a winter project!  Don
'02 Classic with Cozy Rocket sidecar. Branford CT
"Ride like lightning, Crash like thunder."

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 12:55:39 am
I have a sister & brother in-law, both Harley riders, that live in the Mystic area. Are you anywhere close to that location?

I guess I just factor in DT as part of my trip planning. When we ride a classic I expect we should expect no less!  ;) I do get several looks from big Harley's & thumbs-up as we meet. I ride a 05 Classic 500ES.
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry