Author Topic: Sidecar and Electra X  (Read 9317 times)

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
on: January 23, 2009, 01:47:22 pm
A pic of my Electra X with sidecar.  More to follow later, and some explanations.  There's also a pic of the bike in the AVL forum.  (I KNOW, it needs paint.)
Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:40:52 pm
PM your address and I'll send a couple of candles.
Run what ya brung

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:48:32 pm
Did I underexposure the pic that much?  :)   Or maybe I misunderstood what you meant?
Dave

"The reason most people don't recognize opportunity when it knocks, is because opportunity almost wears work clothes."

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 04:17:07 am
I think maybe my screen is too dark?
I see the fairing and wheel, front of the engine, some stripes on what I suppose is a sidecar, and a small light in the back. 
In other words- I don't see much.  Could be just me.  I'm sure it's lovely.
Run what ya brung

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 02:32:43 pm
I don't think it looks that obscure to me, but I did get caught by one of the classic exposure problems, conceptually similar to backlighting, except in this case "frontlighting", where the camera meters for what it "sees", especially with a strobe,  and sets the exposure for that, in this case the fairing and front wheel. 

SInce the fairing is so much lighter, that underexposed everything else. I should have selected a different meter weighting, or shot it available light, and I also didn't have too much in the way of good angles available, but now that I have it home, I will get some better shots, with complimentary angles, and post those.

Also, I was eager to let everybody see the new "baby", since the gestation period was 5 months.  :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:34:31 pm by Alaroyal »
Dave

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 09:49:50 pm
Action shot(s) are in order here, IMO.

Run what ya brung

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 01:34:59 pm
That's a good idea, Uncle Ernie!  I can pull that off without too much trouble.
Dave

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 01:07:00 am
Alaroyal:

Nice pic. I noticed you have an assist bar behind the windscreen on your Bullet. I ordered one to put on mine, of course it came w/no directions. Would you provide a description or even of photo of how it is attached correctly? Sure would appreciate it.

Thanks, VMAX
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 04:13:36 am
VMAX;

I'll be happy to take some close - ups of the assist bar installation, and post them here.

Dave
Dave

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 01:57:43 am
VMAX;

Here's the shots you asked about concerning the passenger assist bar.  I hope this helps !

Dave

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 02:03:03 am by Alaroyal »
Dave

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 08:24:13 pm
Alaroyal:

Pics are very much appreciated. Don't know why a simple instruction isn't provided. I just want a guide so I don't scratch the surface up too much. -15 here today. Won't be putting this addition on for a month or so. Think I'll paint it green to match the hack.

Roll Tide  8)

Todd
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 08:43:26 pm
Todd;

Glad to help, and thanks for the Roll Tide; I'm lookin' forward to '09 ending better for us than '08. 

Dave
Dave

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 11:41:11 pm
This is the only ding-dong forum that shows a mere slice of picture and makes me goo all the way to the bottom to move a slider.  It's like looking at the view going by from a boxcar with the door only open a crack.
Run what ya brung

Alaroyal

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 12:18:16 am
I know, and I saved them to photobucket in an 800X600 form so they would be smaller, and on another forum they worked out fine, in fact, could have been larger and not have run out of the screen limits. 

I'm not technically adept enough to know what is the fix, but it is clumsy not to be able to see the whole pic, or at least not to be able to choose a smaller view, or something.
Dave

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 01:49:02 am
The solution: Save extra copies in your Pictures File in 400x300 sizes and attach these smaller copies to your postings on this forum.   ;)
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla