Author Topic: DYNASTY - Cycle Worlds article of the new C5 in March issue  (Read 15967 times)

Frenchy

• Bulleteer
Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 02:48:46 am
I too am nostalgic enough to like the idea of a kick start, but my somewhat arthritic knee and ankle could do without.
So I'll defer to my joints....  ;D
'On this world beneath the moon,
When Mercury is in the ascendant,
The isle of Scotland will produce a leader,
Who will cause the English discomfort.'

Nostradamus (Verse 93)

LouA

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 01:24:48 am
About the new Bonneville...I had an '02 one and got 50mpg all the time. I no longer own it as I did not like the hard shifting,unimpressive braking,very hard seat, just average suspension and it was too heavy for a 800 twin. Did like the engine though but the bike as a whole just didn't cut it for me. LouA.

sagerat

• Scooter
Reply #32 on: January 25, 2009, 07:03:32 pm
Cool beans.

I like the idea of a KS as backup in case the battery goes toes up, but otherwise it's not a deal breaker for me.  I kick start my Ural about 96% of the time.  Appreciate all the background about how the C5/G5 came to be developed.

But otherwise, can't wait to see one of these new RE's in the States.  I'm a sucker for that old school look with new bike relability.  I plan to have an RE in the garage sooner rather than later.   8)

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #33 on: January 25, 2009, 07:49:25 pm
While it is true as reported that the new C-5 does not have a kickstarter, the new G-5 does. Just to be clear the G-5's should be available in March in limited numbers. The C-5's will not be available until late spring or very early summer.
Kev, what's the difference between the G-5 with the kickstarter, and the C-5 without one?  I love the kickstarter and only use the ES if needed (almost never) in traffic.  I also love what the reports say about this bike, but if buying one, I'd add it to my '08 classic, rather than replace the iron barreled classic...  it's nice having a delightful-to-ride piece of history in the garage, but it would be nice to be able to run at 70mph with my big dog BMW buddies.
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 07:54:53 pm
I have to admit we have looked at putting cup holders in our catalog over the last couple of years, but haven't had the nerve.
Awww, go ahead and put one in.  I'd buy one for use on a long hot ride... and I can even get the straw into my mouth when wearing my 'period' Cromwell helmet!  ;)
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

magus

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 04:16:03 pm

But otherwise, can't wait to see one of these new RE's in the States.  I'm a sucker for that old school look with new bike relability.  I plan to have an RE in the garage sooner rather than later.   8)

+1  ;D

Hate to not be all authentic "old school" and stuff, but a bike as good looking as the C5 with modern components, really works for me!