Author Topic: The EFI is now in the hands of a Brit!  (Read 25666 times)

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 08:51:27 am
There will be aftermarket exhausts for the G-5 and the C-5 (Of course only for off-road racing use) almost as soon as the bikes are introduced.

Yes - of course only for off-road use!

I understand the UK destined C5 bikes have been delayed afew more weeks (still on a container somewhere) & are due in the dealers early March now. The first batch coming in are all black & will fill pre-existing orders. Seems like there could end up being a bit of a waiting list - certainly if you have ordered a non-black one. :-\
Cheers
Nick

mark

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 12:37:00 pm
Hi Bulleteers,

I actually like the look of the exhaust pipe.
Its torpedo shape gives the bike a look and character that makes it stand out from other bikes...is'nt that why we have them?.

As I have said before it's a bike from the fifties ..the two thousand and fifties ;D

Royal Enfield Bullet efi.
rolex explorer,datejust,airking.
omega seamaster,speedmaster,constellation,dynamic.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 02:07:54 pm
We are already seeing lists forming for both the G-5 and the C-5. We are only selling them through dealers that have completed training. Those that have not for whatever reason will have Lean-Burns however. Among the dealers who have completed training we think our first several shipments will be spoken for. If you are interested I suggest you contact your dealer now and make arrangements.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 09:12:50 am
it sounds like a case of "get em while they are hot"!
Cheers
Nick

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 09:22:26 am
hi Mark - glad u enjoying your new efi - the look is purely personal - im a bit of a tinkerer & the joy of REs is that u can mod & tinker 2 get the look u like - the silencer on c5 just not 2 my liking - bike still looks great though cheers
Cheers
Nick

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 05:08:35 pm
Hi All
I too have just (in the process) of buying a new Enfield EFI (DL),( i'm in Yorkshire (UK).
Don't laugh but mine is still in the dealers waiting for the new redg. plates.
I haven't riden seriously for 35/40 years so consider myself  a novice but seriously looking foreward to riding -but at the moment I will be a fair weather rider.
Do want to eventually customise this bike with what ever items can be obtained from various sources
Regards Martyn
Have just handed my insurance documents for road taxation, to my dealer. This means I could have my hands on my new RE Efi DL, perhaps by Saturday if not, definitely Wednesday.
The first job I intend to do before it goes anywhere near a road is to give a coating of ACF 50. I then have to get over the fact that I have only riden for a day in the last 40 years,--and get on and ride, Oooha!!!
Martyn

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 09:52:41 pm
Be very careful Marrtyn, the drivers on both sides of the Pond are different now and after 40 years so are your reflexes.  :(

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 03:44:34 am
"Be very careful Marrtyn, the drivers on both sides of the Pond are different now and after 40 years so are your reflexes."   :(  PhilJ

Outstanding!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:45 am
Yes - just take it easy there 'old boy'!

I thought I'd been out of things a while - this will be my first bike in about 14 years - luckily I live a bit out in the sticks & there isn't too much traffic around. I was also considering taking some 're-training' - but that may be a bit embarressing! Guess I'll see how much I remember  :-\
Cheers
Nick

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 02:30:25 pm
Yes do take it easy.
The best for you.

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 06:37:18 pm
Oh how very right you all are. Many thanks for your best wishes.
I do long for a long open road free of all other traffic.-well sort of -you know what I mean.
Martyn

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 02:52:09 pm
Having now just completed my first 101 miles, on my Bullet Efi DL. I am becoming more aware of how tedious this running in can be! The first 300 miles, no more the 1/2 throttle opening, and no more than 40 mph,( I'm sure my mileometer is running in reverse). Then a further 300 miles, at a little faster speed, at 3/4 throttle opening, and then on top of that 400 more miles, still with care.
 Constantly watching the speedo, listening to the engine sounds for noises which you imagine shouldn't be heared. Also being conscious of not running too slow in too high a gear-which I understand could also be harmfull to a new engine. On top of this of course is the normal riding situations, with the added realisation that you are probably holding up the traffic.
Ah well, it will be worth it in the end.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #42 on: March 24, 2009, 03:55:52 pm
If you have not already done your first oil and filter change, I'd do one now.

The first oil change is the most important, because it rinses away any foreign matter that may have been in the engine after assembly, and also any burrs that may have worn off in the initial running.
An early first oil change is a very good preventive measure.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: March 24, 2009, 04:50:50 pm
It seems the factory has opted for an extremely conservative approach to break-in.
When Kevin and the motorcycle magazine group went to India for test riding the UCE they took the bike off the assembly line and drove the by-gosh out of them with no failures at all.

The construction methods on the AVL were different than the iron barrel and the UCE even uses more advanced methods, as I understand it, than the AVL.

The AVL called for the same break-in procedure as the iron. I ignored that and just drove it sensibly. Now after 10K miles have not had any failures of any kind. Wonder why they don't set up a reasonable break-in.

prof_stack

Reply #44 on: March 24, 2009, 06:27:38 pm
It seems the factory has opted for an extremely conservative approach to break-in.
When Kevin and the motorcycle magazine group went to India for test riding the UCE they took the bike off the assembly line and drove the by-gosh out of them with no failures at all.

The construction methods on the AVL were different than the iron barrel and the UCE even uses more advanced methods, as I understand it, than the AVL.

The AVL called for the same break-in procedure as the iron. I ignored that and just drove it sensibly. Now after 10K miles have not had any failures of any kind. Wonder why they don't set up a reasonable break-in.

Sometimes the break-in procedure is designed for the rider as much as the motorcycle.  That is, to get the rider fully accustomed to the bike and its handling capabilities.  I think it is a lawyer (barrister?) demanded part of the owner's manual. 

I agree that it doesn't seem as necessary for the UCE as the previous models.  When I bought the Moto Guzzi 750 last summer, the shop owner (author of "Guzziology" and owner of the #1 selling shop for Guzzis and Aprilias in the US) said to "go easy and keep it under 5k revs".  Worked for me.